We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Gatwick Airport to London (Regent Park) by train

Which London hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Hong Kong, China
Level Contributor
36 posts
49 reviews
Save Topic
Gatwick Airport to London (Regent Park) by train

We are due to fly into Gatwick Airport in mid-April 2014 and like to take train to a station near our hotel by the Regent Park on Park Road just outside the London city charge zone.

UK
Level Contributor
49,561 posts
92 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Gatwick Airport to London (Regent Park) by train

I would either;

1. Take the ordinary train (not the more expensive Express) to London Victoria and then take a taxi, or,

2. Take the ordinary train (not the more expensive Express) to London Victoria and then the tube to Baker Street tube station and then walk or take a taxi.

You can buy a ticket for (2) which will take you all the way including tube.

If you buy a return ticket it will also qualify you for the 241 deals, see the FAQs above.

Ossett, United...
Level Contributor
2,927 posts
66 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Gatwick Airport to London (Regent Park) by train

[deleted]

OK, so Joe can type faster than me. :D

Edited: 23 December 2013, 10:01
Bingley, United...
Destination Expert
for Edinburgh
Level Contributor
32,090 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: Gatwick Airport to London (Regent Park) by train

Park Road is over 1km long - so a more precise address would help if you decide to use the Tube

UK
Level Contributor
49,561 posts
92 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Gatwick Airport to London (Regent Park) by train

I doubt it Alan, even if the hotel is at the far end, Baker Street tube still looks as if it will be the nearest or no different to any other station. It might make it more likely you'd get a cab though.

Kent, UK
Level Contributor
7,019 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Gatwick Airport to London (Regent Park) by train

If you're heading to Baker Street station I would not go via Victoria, I would catch a First Capital Connect train to St. Pancras, then a Hammersmith & City or Metropolitan or Circle Line train to Baker Street. It's a direct journey and only a couple of stops. Going via Victoria involves a change and is considerably longer, and the trains are much smaller. I think the FCC train is cheaper also.

UK
Level Contributor
49,561 posts
92 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Gatwick Airport to London (Regent Park) by train

Bungle's advice trumps mine, go with it.

London
Destination Expert
for London
Level Contributor
19,434 posts
43 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Gatwick Airport to London (Regent Park) by train

It's a bit of a route march from FCC to H&C/Circle/Met at St Pancras International, so for that reason alone I'd recommend changing at Farringdon.

But yes, an easier route than Victoria.

London
Destination Expert
for London
Level Contributor
21,409 posts
75 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Gatwick Airport to London (Regent Park) by train

I'd do FCC train to St Pancra and hop in a cab at the rank personally. Very small extra cost for a lot more convenience.

Hong Kong, China
Level Contributor
36 posts
49 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Gatwick Airport to London (Regent Park) by train

Address of destination in London is Hotel Park Avenue Baker St, no.173 Gloucester Place, Westminster, London NW1 6DX. We expect to land in Gatwick Airport around 11:00am on flight from Porto, Portugal.

We welcome any suggestions and appreciated any valuable input as to lunch time London traffic situation, best ride (train, bus or taxi) to destination etc.?

Edited: 24 December 2013, 03:28
Hong Kong, China
Level Contributor
36 posts
49 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Gatwick Airport to London (Regent Park) by train

Thank you, information so far has been very helpful and reassuring! Merry Christmas and a Happy Holiday to yo' all!