We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Birthday surprises

Sydney, Australia
2 posts
Save Topic
Birthday surprises

Hi I'm coming to London to spend time with my partner who is a London resident (I'm Australian). I'm trying to find out some cool quirky things to do for her birthday as a surprise any suggestions?

London, United...
Level Contributor
1,941 posts
23 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Birthday surprises

What kind of cool quirky things? What is she interested in?

Peterborough...
Level Contributor
215 posts
138 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Birthday surprises

Depends on when you are visiting, your ages and likes/dislikes etc.

Rib boat ride on the Thames, Ghost Walk, if Duck tours are going again they are good fun, tea at the Ritz....Vista roof bar at the Trafalgar

London, United...
Level Contributor
5,245 posts
71 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Birthday surprises

Lots of horse racing courses around London. You can book a table in the restaurant overlooking the finishing line and have a meal and that is your table for the day so A Day at the Races is one idea

Nottingham, United...
Level Contributor
3,365 posts
145 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Birthday surprises

A cocktail making class could be fun:-)

Blyth, United...
Level Contributor
227 posts
Save Reply
5. Re: Birthday surprises

I can also recommend afternoon tea at The Ritz!!

Edited: 27 December 2013, 15:31
London, UK
Level Contributor
1,801 posts
63 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Birthday surprises

Climb the O2?

County Dublin...
Level Contributor
27,367 posts
Save Reply
7. Re: Birthday surprises

Whatever you choose, be happy.

Winchester, United...
Level Contributor
498 posts
Save Reply
8. Re: Birthday surprises

If you want to combine it with a catchup and/or it's romantic (can't tell from OP - sorry :) ) then I recommend a few glasses at the top of Tower 42 in the Champange Bar ( Vertigo 42 - http://www.vertigo42.co.uk/gallery.php ) particularly ~40 mins before sunset until an hour after sunset. It's strictly bookings only, no walk ups but you can often book at lunchtime for the same evening.

9. Re: Birthday surprises

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 30 December 2014, 05:18