We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Wimbledon advice, please.

Scotland
Level Contributor
626 posts
25 reviews
Save Topic
Wimbledon advice, please.

I will be attending Wimbledon in June this year. I have tickets for one day only, but I'd like to extend my trip by a couple of days and maybe take in a show. I'll be travelling from Edinburgh to King's Cross. I don't know London well at all, but I assume that the closer I get to the venue, the more expensive the hotels will be. Can anyone suggest an area which has reasonably-priced hotels, but is still within easy reach of Wimbledon by public transport, and also within reach of King's Cross and the theatre district without too many changes, as I have slight mobility problems. I'm used to Edinburgh prices, and know it won't be cheap! I was thinking of around £150 - £200 per night. Is this do-able? Thanks.

UK
Level Contributor
49,561 posts
92 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Wimbledon advice, please.

Check out the Premier Inn Kings Cross.

Blyth, United...
Level Contributor
223 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Wimbledon advice, please.

I have just used Bookings.com on a 1ngt hotel stay and there are several options within your price range in Wimbledon.If you have your exact date try this and see if there is any thing that meets your requirements.

Watford
Destination Expert
for London
Level Contributor
41,009 posts
44 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Wimbledon advice, please.

In fact there are three Premier Inn hotels (or there will be by the spring) within easy walking distance of Kings Cross station. Kings Cross and St Pancras are about equidistant whilst Euston is only five minutes up the road.

It will take about 35 minutes from Kings Cross by Piccadilly and District line (change at Earls Court) to reach Southfields from where buses run to the grounds.

If you wanted to be a closer then the Premier Inn Putney Bridge is right by the tube station of the same name and just a couple of stops from Southfields but that would mean a longer journey both from Kings Cross and to and from central London.

Scotland
Level Contributor
626 posts
25 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Wimbledon advice, please.

Thanks, everyone.

5. Re: Wimbledon advice, please.

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 02 January 2015, 05:19