We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Narrowing down neighborhood

Which London hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Fremont, OH
Level Contributor
181 posts
1 review
Save Topic
Narrowing down neighborhood

I have narrowed my search for a flat to the County Hall area, Bloomsbury, Kings Cross and Earls Court. This is what I am looking for: Steps to tube/bus, 3 people, outdoor space would be great (balcony or garden area), budget between 100-125 pounds. I have not completely ruled out hotel but woud like micro/fridge. Thanks for your input, the searching can be exhausting and I haven't even started planning.

County Dublin...
Level Contributor
24,711 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: Narrowing down neighborhood

Bloomsbury is a good central area.

Come and enjoy.

Loughton, United...
Level Contributor
6,075 posts
329 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Narrowing down neighborhood

All those are good locations.

When are you coming - if in summer remember a/c is not standard in London and a noisy location will preclude open windows....

Fremont, OH
Level Contributor
181 posts
1 review
Save Reply
3. Re: Narrowing down neighborhood

September. We are trying to do a relaxing itinerary lol.

London, United...
Level Contributor
4,812 posts
70 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Narrowing down neighborhood

Kings Cross is good for transport links but probably less attractive than the other three so I would put that at the bottom of my list.

If you find accommodation you like in any of the other three then they would all be good choices.

London
Destination Expert
for London
Level Contributor
18,526 posts
43 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Narrowing down neighborhood

I'd go for County Hall and Bloomsbury, probably in that order, provided you can find what you want in those areas.

Kings Cross is OK though, and an interesting area that's on the up although still predominantly a transport hub.

Others may not agree with me, but I don't think of Earl's Court as being Central London, any more than Camden Town, Islington or Shoreditch are.

Edited: 05 January 2014, 16:27
London
Destination Expert
for London
Level Contributor
21,019 posts
74 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Narrowing down neighborhood

but I don't think of Earl's Court as being Central London,

==================

Maybe not but it's a straight relatively short shot on the Piccadilly line to and from Heathrow with excellent transport links via 3 lines onward. Lots of pubs, shops and restaurants on the doorstep so not to be sniffed at.

More germane though is that your budget is quite low for 3 people for that budget. (£150-200 is more realistic for those locations). If you haven't done so try vrbo.com or some of the legit providers on this list:

https:/…

Dallas, Texas
Level Contributor
2,301 posts
Save Reply
7. Re: Narrowing down neighborhood

I would never start looking for a flat rental by eliminating any area at the beginning. If your budget is unlimited, then certainly you can be selective with your geographic limits. However, your budget is low, therefore I would be more concerned about finding flats that are within budget. Once you have narrowed your choices, then post links to those flats and we can provide advice about the location of each flat.

Fremont, OH
Level Contributor
181 posts
1 review
Save Reply
8. Re: Narrowing down neighborhood

Thank you, I will do that

County Dublin...
Level Contributor
24,711 posts
Save Reply
9. Re: Narrowing down neighborhood

We're here to help.

10. Re: Narrowing down neighborhood

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 07 January 2015, 05:19