We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Clearing customs and collecting baggage at Heathrow.

2 posts
Save Topic
Clearing customs and collecting baggage at Heathrow.

Hello everyone,

I was hoping for some advice, I'm traveling to London Heathrow from India on Thursday 9th Jan. I just wanted to know how long it would take to collect my baggage & clear customs? (I'm travelling with Qatar airlines).

Thanks in advance :)

Hampshire, England.
Level Contributor
3,818 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Clearing customs and collecting baggage at Heathrow.

Customs will take a few seconds, unless you are unlucky enough to be pulled over for a bag search.........Immigration on the other hand is a bit of an unknown, really depends on how many planes are landing in a short space of time and how many immigration staff are on.

London, United...
Level Contributor
1,425 posts
167 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Clearing customs and collecting baggage at Heathrow.

If you don't have a UK or EU passport, immigration will take longer and baggage claim can also take a long time. On the upside, the longer you take in immigration, the more time there is for your bags to get through to the claim area!

Reckon on 60-90 minutes from disembarkation to emerging into the world at the end of it all.

Italy
Level Contributor
39,493 posts
227 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Clearing customs and collecting baggage at Heathrow.

Hi, no one can tell you this as it depends on different factors but I usually allow an hour to get through passport control and claim my baggage.

Dunfermline, United...
Level Contributor
13,335 posts
39 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Clearing customs and collecting baggage at Heathrow.

56 minutes, 12 seconds

Roughly

Dublin
Level Contributor
5,955 posts
88 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Clearing customs and collecting baggage at Heathrow.

I would beg to differ with Di Canio. I suspect that it will take you just under 48 minutes to clear customs.

Also, you do not mention whether you have a either a Romanian or Bulgarian passport. If you do, then you are entitled to be treated as being on equal footing with all other EU passport holders. And, if pain in the asp reporters from the Daily Mail or Sky News ask you about your intentions in relation to your trip to London, tell them to mind their own business. Make it clear to them that when rowdy Britons land in either Bucharest or Sofia, they are waved through customs without any questions whatsoever as regards their over-indulgent drinking habits.

6. Re: Clearing customs and collecting baggage at Heathrow.

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 07 January 2015, 05:18