We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Airfare London to Rome

Yorktown, Virginia
Level Contributor
29 posts
2 reviews
Save Topic
Airfare London to Rome

There are 3 of us traveling (2 adults and one eleven year old). As part of a bigger trip, we plan to fly one way from London to Rome on august 20, 2014. The best price I can find is on British airways right now and it is 45 GBP per person with no checked bags and 57 GBP with one checked bag. Our goal is to use carry-on's only or maybe check one bag for the 3 of us.

Is this a good airfare? Should we go ahead and book it or does the price typically go lower than this at that time of the year? We also checked easy jet and Ryanair and they were both higher.

Thanks for any advice you can provide!

Suffolk, United...
Destination Expert
for Cephalonia
Level Contributor
10,308 posts
84 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Airfare London to Rome

Hi,

Seems good to me!

However for a more informed response. On the bottom right of this page is "Beyond destinations forum".

Click on "Air travel" and ask your question there where the experts are

Bob

Yorktown, Virginia
Level Contributor
29 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Airfare London to Rome

Great- thanks, Bob!

Southampton, UK
Level Contributor
1,502 posts
28 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Airfare London to Rome

Definitely book it now. The price will not get cheaper than that. BA has a generous 23kg carry-on allowance but it must fit within the size limit. BA also provides a free snack and a free drink which can be alcohol if you want.

UK
Level Contributor
49,561 posts
92 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Airfare London to Rome

I agree, usually its a crap shoot as to when to buy, but thats a very good price I doubt that will be around much longer. And its in peak time, its not going to get cheaper by much (i doubt at all) but it could certainly rise substantially more than it could fall

Look at it this way a big chunk of that cost is taxes, so its got a lot more room to move up than down. I seriously would buy it right now if you are certain of your dates.

Edited: 06 January 2014, 23:12
London
Level Contributor
9,940 posts
61 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Airfare London to Rome

That's an incredible price for peak season. Which departure airport / departure time ( BA operate from three of London's six airports). If it's a stupid o clock departure from Gatwick, your transfer options may be limited / expensive.

County Dublin...
Level Contributor
26,549 posts
Save Reply
6. Re: Airfare London to Rome

I'd book it quick if I were you.

Yorktown, Virginia
Level Contributor
29 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Airfare London to Rome

We went ahead and booked it! It's a good time of day with plenty of time to do something in London that morning and still make it to the airport...British Airways flight 2540 departing London Gatwick at 15:00 and arriving in Rome at 18:25. Thanks for all of your help! Lots of planning to do between now and August!

Yorktown, Virginia
Level Contributor
29 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Airfare London to Rome

And by the way, joeintheuk was absolutely correct about the taxes. Taxes accounted for about 35 of the 45 GBP! The actual fare before taxes was only 10 GBP! So there is definitely not much room to go down in price. Thanks again!

9. Re: Airfare London to Rome

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 16 January 2015, 05:17