We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Easiest way from Stansted to Cricklewood?

Which London hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Ireland
Level Contributor
19 posts
106 reviews
Save Topic
Easiest way from Stansted to Cricklewood?

Hi all, I just booked Ryanair tickets at a bargain to fly into Stansted....now I need to know what is the easiest way to travel from the airport to this part of London. Also - our return flight is at 8am on a Sunday morning from Stansted so we'll need a service that operates early in the morning for the return journey. Any ideas would be welcome, thanks. :)

London, United...
Level Contributor
663 posts
32 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Easiest way from Stansted to Cricklewood?

You don't say where in Cricklewood, but I would suggest the National Express Coach either to/from Golder's Green or Finchley Road and then onwards by cab. National Express run all night through and I've taken one from Finchley Road at 4:30 am to Stansted when I had an 8am flight.

Ireland
Level Contributor
19 posts
106 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Easiest way from Stansted to Cricklewood?

Thanks so much. We'll be staying at the Travelodge in Cricklewood. We probably should have booked flights into/out of Luton. I will look at the National Express Coach online....re the cab from Golder's Green or Finchley Road (which do you think would be the best stop for us based on the hotel?)...how much do you think the cab would cost? We're also travelling back on a flight just after 8am, so I suppose we'd be leaving at 4.30am also, right? Thank you again for your help & time!

Edited: 09 January 2014, 16:54
Watford
Destination Expert
for London
Level Contributor
40,645 posts
44 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Easiest way from Stansted to Cricklewood?

Golders Green will be slightly nearer although I don't know if there is a taxi rank outside the station. There will certainly be scores of cabs running up and down Finchley Road.

For the return you should should pre book a cab. This can be done through the Hailo app - https://hailocab.com/london

Or here - tfl.gov.uk/gettingaround/…1136.aspx

Worthing, United...
Level Contributor
1,543 posts
45 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Easiest way from Stansted to Cricklewood?

Don't know how many of you there are, but depending on numbers, it may be cheaper just to take a minicab.

Take a look at www.minicabster.co.uk , www.wheely.com and www.airportdirect.com

If you do end up taking the coach though, and want to book a cab like adamhornets suggested, the best website I've found is www.gettaxi.co.uk , no accounts etc.

You could of course do the coach into London and Minicab back to the airport?

Edited: 09 January 2014, 17:57
5. Re: Easiest way from Stansted to Cricklewood?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 11 January 2015, 06:18