We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Travelcard question

Ottawa, Ontario
Level Contributor
1,724 posts
23 reviews
Save Topic
Travelcard question

I read the 2-4-1 article in the top questions but I'm still confused. We will be in London for eight nights. As I understand it, you have to buy a travelcard from an overground station to be eligible for the 2-4-1 BUT you can't buy a 7d travelcard because its on an Oyster when bought over ground... can you buy a 7 day travelcard underground and have it work?

Is there any option other than buying 7 individual travelcards to use the 2-4-1 deal?

Is there a link where I can find the prices for the week long travelcards, just so I can compare the price difference between 7 individual days and a week long card?

Thank you.

Liverpool
Destination Expert
for Liverpool
Level Contributor
2,507 posts
37 reviews
Save Reply
21. Re: Travelcard question

TP,

Thanks for the quick response

its a school trip, ages 16-17

staying in Leicetser Gardnes (near Hyde Park)

so I assume 2 day travel cards are the best option (no £5 surcharge)

and they should be able to get them at Euston station upon arrival

LOL, Miss Bigscouse

more like teacher Bigscouse

Edited: 22 March 2014, 23:08
Liverpool
Destination Expert
for Liverpool
Level Contributor
2,507 posts
37 reviews
Save Reply
22. Re: Travelcard question

TP,

5 x 16 years old

1 x 17 years old

2 x Teachers

Thanks

Vancouver, Canada
Destination Expert
for London
Level Contributor
56,342 posts
15 reviews
Save Reply
23. Re: Travelcard question

Ta.

Since all are age 16 or better, they will travel as adults and the fares will be as above. One day Travelcards will cost a little more but will give them the option to travel in more zones. Should they buy their one day cards at the *rail* ticket office on the concourse at Euston, they may use them for the offers at www.daysoutguide.co.uk which will save them pounds.

If they plan to travel light they could take the 390 to Bayswater (Queensway) for Leinster Gardens: tfl.gov.uk/gettingaround/…euston-310813.pdf Here is the spider map for buses to and from the Bayswater Queensway area as well: tfl.gov.uk/gettingaround/maps/buses/pdf/bays…

I hope all the travellers have a good time in the big Smoke.

Liverpool
Destination Expert
for Liverpool
Level Contributor
2,507 posts
37 reviews
Save Reply
24. Re: Travelcard question

TP,

Thanks for the swift & helpful replies

much appreciated

BS

25. Re: Travelcard question

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 24 March 2015, 04:49