We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Park Plaza Westminster Bridge or County Park?

Which London hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Richmond, Virginia
Level Contributor
260 posts
26 reviews
Save Topic
Park Plaza Westminster Bridge or County Park?

I can't decide which one. Both look similar in reviews, amenities, etc. Is there anywhere that compares and contrasts the two? Any personal feelings of one over the other? We will be party of three, and finding rooms for three has proved a bit of a challenge, but these two offer them.

Thanks!

Portland, Oregon
Destination Expert
for Air Travel
Level Contributor
27,907 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Park Plaza Westminster Bridge or County Park?

I think "County Park" means County Hall. It must be "get County Hall wrong" day as there's another thread asking about "County Seat". :-))

Have you checked the hotel reviews on Tripadvisor? I've not stayed at either but when I research hotels I check there and find they're usually trustworthy.

Location wise they're almost next to each other, and it's an excellent location. The PP Westminster Bridge is in its own building just behind County Hall.

Edited: 10 January 2014, 05:44
Richmond, Virginia
Level Contributor
260 posts
26 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Park Plaza Westminster Bridge or County Park?

HA yes!! I totally did, so sorry & thanks for catching that. :-)

I've read reviews for both, and they are similar -- most people very pleased, with the usual malcontents and a few seemingly legit complaints sprinkled in. You're obviously going to get that anywhere though.

I saw that Westminster Bridge has a spa, but although I dearly love spa treatments, I can get them here at home, not going to waste my precious time in London on that obviously!

We'll get a studio in either one, and the in-room amenities seem similar.

Level Contributor
2,586 posts
34 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Park Plaza Westminster Bridge or County Park?

The pool/spa/steam room at Westminster Bridge is nice but be aware that a lot of the cheaper rooms have no external windows - instead you look out on a soulless internal lobby, which is quite miserable.

Not sure if the same is true of the County Hall hotel.

Norfolk
Destination Expert
for Norfolk
Level Contributor
1,973 posts
171 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Park Plaza Westminster Bridge or County Park?

We have had inner rooms at PI County Hall, overlooking a service courtyard. Restaurant overlooks the London Eye at the side of the building though. Great location.

Edited: 10 January 2014, 07:41
Dallas, Texas
Level Contributor
2,301 posts
Save Reply
5. Re: Park Plaza Westminster Bridge or County Park?

More reviews here:

booking.com/hotel/gb/park-plaza-county-hall.…

booking.com/hotel/gb/park-plaza-westminster-…

Dallas, Texas
Level Contributor
2,301 posts
Save Reply
6. Re: Park Plaza Westminster Bridge or County Park?

>>> finding rooms for three has proved a bit of a challenge<<<

There are other options for triple rooms. It just depends on your requirements. When are you arriving, how long are you staying, age of children (if any), do you need three single beds or a double and a single, what is your nightly budget in GBP/£?

Edited: 10 January 2014, 13:02
London
Destination Expert
for London
Level Contributor
20,714 posts
74 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Park Plaza Westminster Bridge or County Park?

I have stayed at both with work. Both have atrium rooms (what Geegesh is referring to). I wouldn't call them soulless but at the PPWB you can see into rooms across the atrium so do remember to draw the curtain when undressed!

Personally I'd say the PPWB just pipped PPCH (cleaner, and the bathrooms were better/more spacious), plus the aircon was more effective though I was at PPCH on a very hot day.

If you go for PPWB ask for a higher floor (4 and above). At the front on lower floors although you get a slight view of Big Ben, the thump from the nightclub is audible till the early hours.

Richmond, Virginia
Level Contributor
260 posts
26 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Park Plaza Westminster Bridge or County Park?

Thank you all for the info!

@TexScott-II: we will be in London 4-8 April 2014, it will be my husband, our 18yo teen, and myself. Three singles or a double & single, doesn't really matter. Budget inclusive of VAT £175-225. We'll be arriving via Heathrow & departing via St. Pancras International.

Our biggest priorities are clean & close to transportation, restaurants & shopping. We prefer a more modern vibe, even a bit funky.

Thank you!

Dallas, Texas
Level Contributor
2,301 posts
Save Reply
9. Re: Park Plaza Westminster Bridge or County Park?

Other options:

Family room at the Megaro

Mercure Bloomsbury

Queen and sofa bed at the new Hampton by Hilton - London Waterloo

The Citadines apartments (various locations)

Lime Tree

Crowne Plaza Kensington

Richmond, Virginia
Level Contributor
260 posts
26 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Park Plaza Westminster Bridge or County Park?

Thanks so much for your help! Would you recommend any/all of these over the Park Plazas? Are they better properties, locations, or just other options to consider?