We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Nice Restaurants with Good Atmosphere

Which London hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Swansea
Level Contributor
14 posts
7 reviews
Save Topic
Nice Restaurants with Good Atmosphere

We are having a surprise family 70th birthday celebration for my husband at the beginning of March in London. Could anybody recommend a good restaurant with good food and great atmosphere? There would probably be about 15 of us including the younger members! No stuffy ones thanks and no Giraffes!!

london
Level Contributor
582 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Nice Restaurants with Good Atmosphere

What's your definition of good? do you have a price range? Also what kind of food do you like?

A little more information will help focus suggestions

But as a starter for 10 I like Brasserie Zedel . Reasonably priced french food in a great room.

London
Destination Expert
for Thirassia, Fira
Level Contributor
13,842 posts
16 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Nice Restaurants with Good Atmosphere

Second the suggestion of Brasserie Zedel. Lovely food at all budgets, stunning decor, professional waiting staff - but not stuffy. They also have a separate cocktail bar within the complex if you so want. Although, there's a bar within the restaurant itself.

It's just off Piccadilly Circus.

www.brasseriezedel.com

Edited: 10 January 2014, 20:10
Jersey, Channel...
Destination Expert
for Jersey, St Helier
Level Contributor
1,029 posts
664 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Nice Restaurants with Good Atmosphere

I can't stand time restriction tables and this restaurant seems to operate this.

Swansea
Level Contributor
14 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Nice Restaurants with Good Atmosphere

Ok thanks! Nice food.....my husband is a really good amateur cook himself! Doesn't matter whether it's French, Mediterranean, Italian....! We really loved Moro when we went there a few years ago but reviews seem a bit mixed these days and they can only seat 12 of us. Have enquired at Chez Elles as I have read reviews of this and even though they can accomodate us , it would only be a set menu basis and to pre order. However I have not ruled this out as I am still awaiting e mail with the set menu! These two would be the approx price range we would be looking at. We are staying in Greenwich so anywhere in London bar West would be great. Thanks!

London
Destination Expert
for Thirassia, Fira
Level Contributor
13,842 posts
16 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Nice Restaurants with Good Atmosphere

Whilst BZ appear to operate a time restriction policy, a number of reviews state they weren't pressured to hurry up.

One reviewer states: "Although we were told beforehand that we could have the table until a certain time, there was no pressure put on us to leave."

All I can say I've eaten there a number of times either solo or with a group of friends. Each time we've been warmly welcomed, enjoyed prompt service and tasty food.

I'm sure others will chip in with alternative suggestions.

California
Level Contributor
4,216 posts
20 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Nice Restaurants with Good Atmosphere

Have you looked at Inamo, located in Soho? Great food and modern atmosphere. They have an interesting and interactive concept for the menu, which is projected on to your table and ordered via a touchscreen.

http://www.inamo-restaurant.com/

London, UK
Level Contributor
1,788 posts
59 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Nice Restaurants with Good Atmosphere

You should ask about the timed table as generally it's less likely to be enforced for larger groups. Not quite sure of your budget but if it's more at the Moro end maybe look at one of the Hix places like Hix Oyster and Chop House.

london
Level Contributor
582 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Nice Restaurants with Good Atmosphere

I also find time restrictions annoying but I have never felt pressured to move on in Brasserie Zedel. They seem to be able to pace the meal so you don't feel rushed. They have a number of large tables etc so if you are in a large group and spending money they shouldn't be in too much of a rush to move you on. Obviously for an important dinner I would check the situation before you book

London, United...
Level Contributor
499 posts
74 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Nice Restaurants with Good Atmosphere

Chez Elles is really lovely and authentically French! It is small though so might feel a bit cramped for 15. It's also further east so closer to Greenwich. Swings and roundabouts.

Swansea
Level Contributor
14 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Nice Restaurants with Good Atmosphere

Thanks everybody for your comments! Will ring up and see what they gave to say!