We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

cab fare from North London-Gatwick

London, England...
Level Contributor
10 posts
3 reviews
Save Topic
cab fare from North London-Gatwick

Hi all,

I will check different companies when the moment comes but if someone has done it lately I would appreciate some info.

I need to know the approx. cab fare & time from North London (Tottenham Hale) to Gatwick airport.

2 people, one suitcase, some hand luggage

Thanks

Best Seller
Stonehenge, Windsor Castle and Bath...
5,231 reviews
from US$124.70*
Best Seller
Making of Harry Potter Round-Trip...
436 reviews
from US$103.70*
Best Seller
Stonehenge, Windsor Castle, Bath...
2,066 reviews
from US$147.20*
Best Seller
Harry Potter Tour of Warner Bros...
624 reviews
from US$99.50*
London, United...
Level Contributor
2,104 posts
750 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: cab fare from North London-Gatwick

Cab can be quite costly. If you are from Totehham Hale, the best and fastest way to Gatwick is train.

If you need to get there by car, yu should check with mini cab nearby.

London
Level Contributor
2,576 posts
71 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: cab fare from North London-Gatwick

If this is for tomorrow (or Sunday 26th), there are no trains running to Gatwick

UK
Level Contributor
49,560 posts
91 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: cab fare from North London-Gatwick

the approx. cab fare & time

-------

The time could be anywhere from 1.5 to 3 hours depending what time you leave, and what day of week.

Sunday at 2am would be very different from Monday morning at 7am. This is outside the realms of something nasty on the M25 or M23, be that roadworks or accident, when obviously it could be much longer.

A few months back I was driving from Gatwick at about 11pm and the normally (at that time) one hour journey took an extra 40 minutes or so due to roadworks and the massive congestion they caused.

I would take a train unless there are particular reasons why you can't.

London
Destination Expert
for London
Level Contributor
22,459 posts
77 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: cab fare from North London-Gatwick

I'd expect a cab to be about £60-80.

If the FCC trains are running get the Victoria line to Kings Cross and take the train £10 each, from St Pancras International next door.

I would allow around 1.5- 2 hours for a car journey depending on time of day. The train to Gatwick from St Pancras takes about 45 minutes.

http://www.firstcapitalconnect.co.uk/

London, United...
Level Contributor
344 posts
21 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: cab fare from North London-Gatwick

It would cost around 60 pounds. There are some private hire companies that offer you quality service and low prices. You can check BA Transfers, 247 Airport Transfer and others of this sort.

6. Re: cab fare from North London-Gatwick

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 13 January 2015, 06:18