We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Best way to get to St. Ermin's Hotel from LHR

Which London hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Texas
Level Contributor
81 posts
69 reviews
Save Topic
Best way to get to St. Ermin's Hotel from LHR

I've looked at this via google maps a few times and I'm still a little confused. Nearest tube stop to our hotel is St. James Park. When I map directions, it looks as though I have to take some sort of bus to get to the tube at LHR. I was under the impression the tube station sits within the terminal building. Is that right?

Dallas, Texas
Level Contributor
3,605 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: Best way to get to St. Ermin's Hotel from LHR

If you let us know what terminal you arrive in, people can help tell you how to get to the tube stop at LHR. If you don't know the terminal, the airline operating the flight and which city it departs from before getting to London will help figure out which terminal you would be arriving in.

Portland, Oregon
Destination Expert
for Air Travel
Level Contributor
28,581 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Best way to get to St. Ermin's Hotel from LHR

Tricia,

You don't need to take any bus at Heathrow to reach a tube station. You follow the signs from the Arrivals hall. Terminals 1,2 & 3 share a station and so there's a walk along a subway (the UK term for underground walkway) to the station (2 mins from T1, 6-7 mins from T3). Terminals 4 and 5 have their own stations.

The route from all of the Heathrow stations to St. James Park is the same. Piccadilly line to Hammersmith, where you make an easy cross platform change to the District line to SJP. At SJP use the exit at the front of the train (Broadway exit). There are 30 stairs up from the platform, but that's only about 10 feet in elevation as each stair is only 4" tall. It's not a difficult exit at all. Turn right onto Broadway and the St. Ermins is only a 3-4 minute walk.

Edited: 12 January 2014, 04:37
Texas
Level Contributor
81 posts
69 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Best way to get to St. Ermin's Hotel from LHR

Jeff, I'm not certain on terminal. Will check airline now!

Fantastic, USBusinessTraveller! I was so confused I almost booked a pricey car service. I especially appreciate the mention of steps! We should be fine, but it's nice to have that type of detail regarding unfamiliar surroundings. Thank you very much!

Edited: 12 January 2014, 04:47
4. Re: Best way to get to St. Ermin's Hotel from LHR

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 13 January 2015, 06:18