We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Heathrow to Eastbourne

Which London hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Winston Salem...
Level Contributor
4 posts
11 reviews
Save Topic
Heathrow to Eastbourne

Hi. We are flying in to Healthrow, and we leave U.S. on Tuesday Jan. 14. Most of our time will be in London, several days, but we are visiting friends near Eastbourne, at Polegate. I had thought we could get a train from Heathrow to Polegate, but now I find we have to go into London and then get a train at Victoria to go out to Polegate. I am not sure about the best logistics. Would you take Heathrow Express into London to Paddington Station, then take yellow line tube from Paddington to Victoria and then to Polegate? Is there a lot of walking or stairs at Paddington station that would make it difficult to get to tube there, and is better to take taxi from Paddington to Victoria? I also saw there is a bus from near Heathrow to Polegate which I think starts from a Marriott near the airport. Just wondering how others would go from Heathrow to Polegate. I know it's short notice so I may not get an answer in time, but thanks for any advice. It seems likely that it will take about 3 hours in all to get out there no matter what we do, but if there is any advice as to ways of doing this that are easier or most pleasant, we are looking to see what our options are, thank you very much.

Portland, Oregon
Destination Expert
for Air Travel
Level Contributor
27,970 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Heathrow to Eastbourne

It's not the cheapest option, but definitely the easiest and probably the fastest. Take the National Express coach from Heathrow to Gatwick Airport (South Terminal), from where you can take the train direct to Polegate. Coach costs £25 and the journey time is about an hour, and the train costs £12.90 with 2 trains per hour and a journey time of 45 minutes.

Edited: 14 January 2014, 05:02
Cotswolds
Level Contributor
11,381 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Heathrow to Eastbourne

>>I also saw there is a bus from near Heathrow to Polegate which I think starts from a Marriott near the airport.>>

Not that I know of. - sounds very unlikely

There is a once a day bus from London Victoria Coach station to Polegate - out in the evening, back next morning

The coach to Gatwick is the best option

3. Re: Heathrow to Eastbourne

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 16 January 2015, 06:18