We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

glasgow to london train journey....help needed

Which London hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Glasgow, United...
Level Contributor
24 posts
1 review
Save Topic
glasgow to london train journey....help needed

Hi myself, wife and son are about to book a hotel in earls court for our first visit to London in April we plan to travel by train with east coast train's or through the train line.com...whats our best way to go about travelling and by this i mean what station or stations do we need to book for destination. our hotel (budget i know) is the oxford hotel which im told is minutes away from the underground subway.....do we need to get train to other destination in London then subway(underground) to earls court....please advise

Cheers

David

Glasgow, United...
Level Contributor
24 posts
1 review
Save Reply
41. Re: glasgow to london train journey....help needed

Ok deals on £89 with railcard...glasgow to kingscross though not Euston...im presuming that kings cross will be fine for transport to wherever I book

Edited: 17 January 2014, 15:43
York, United Kingdom
Level Contributor
35 posts
Save Reply
42. Re: glasgow to london train journey....help needed

yes tube is 1 min from hotel and twenty mins in to central london

East Midlands
Destination Expert
for Northamptonshire
Level Contributor
2,779 posts
85 reviews
Save Reply
43. Re: glasgow to london train journey....help needed

Unless I'm mistaken your "Glasgow to Kings Cross" price is actually a ticket for Glasgow to Euston with a one time tube ticket from Euston to Kings Cross. Euston and Kings Cross are about ten minutes walk apart ... it'll take that long (or possibly longer) to walk from the train station area at Euston to the Tube station area, wait for a tube, get on it, get off at Kings Cross and make your way outside.

Unless I'm missing something ...

Kent, UK
Level Contributor
6,830 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
44. Re: glasgow to london train journey....help needed

Why are you so eager to book your train tickets now? Going to King's Cross is not a direct route, and I'm not even sure there is a direct train.

Trains from Glasgow run into Euston, and tickets for your dates have not been released yet. Be patient.

York, United Kingdom
Level Contributor
35 posts
Save Reply
45. Re: glasgow to london train journey....help needed

we take the east coast train from york allways pay about 26 pounds each way with rail card /was trying to get a more central prem inn for early april but was not giveing family roooms hanger lane will be fine for us for the money

Level Contributor
1,508 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
46. Re: glasgow to london train journey....help needed

As Bungle73 says hold on. Cheap fares from Glasgow to Euston will appear.

Keep checking the Virgin website.

York, United Kingdom
Level Contributor
35 posts
Save Reply
47. Re: glasgow to london train journey....help needed

there is trains from Edinburgh / kings cross for 36 pounds with rail card suppose virgin train price from glasgow will be similar

London
Level Contributor
9,186 posts
61 reviews
Save Reply
48. Re: glasgow to london train journey....help needed

EastCoast run one through train per day from Glasgow to Kings Cross (via Edinburgh). But this route takes much longer than the direct Virgin trains on the WestCoast Main Line.

York, United Kingdom
Level Contributor
35 posts
Save Reply
49. Re: glasgow to london train journey....help needed

how long does Glasgow to Euston take

Glasgow, United...
Level Contributor
24 posts
1 review
Save Reply
50. Re: glasgow to london train journey....help needed