We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Young adult tours

Which London hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Saskatoon
Level Contributor
46 posts
93 reviews
Save Topic
Young adult tours

Hi we are two 24 yr old females looking for a general UK tour. Not a big party tour but one that really gets you to city centres and good sights. Any suggestions?

UK
Destination Expert
for Chester
Level Contributor
3,560 posts
16 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Young adult tours

Yes, organise the trip yourself. Tours are not normally designed for your age group. Travel by public transport is quick and easy in Britain and you can then decide where and when you want to go. Decide what you want to see and post again with a list and we will give advice on travel and accommodation

London, United...
Level Contributor
381 posts
15 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Young adult tours

chesterbuff is probably right You could ask the question: where do young adults go on holiday in the UK? and then stalk them. My suggestions, as an old observer, are for the summer, Cornwall, especially Newquay, Edinburgh, Brighton, Dublin and of course London. Oxford is very young because of language and summer schools. Blackpool too, but maybe a different demographic. Then there are the festivals.........

Somerset
Destination Expert
for Somerset, Solo Travel, Exmoor National Park
Level Contributor
24,946 posts
106 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Young adult tours

Trish you say 'city centres and good sights'

As mentioned tours by coach tend to be for old people, older than me even. You see little but road and not much of that between the seats.

If you are going to city centres go by train where you have a huge view of the passing countryside and villages and takes you right into the city centres. It will be cheaper too.

The sights for each city are easy to find on the net. Check around where you want to go and what you want to see and post it here and you will find lots of help to do it the best way possible.

London
Destination Expert
for Thirassia, Fira
Level Contributor
13,212 posts
16 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Young adult tours

You could try the likes of Top Deck Travel who offer some UK tours.

As for being a 'party tour' it will depend on who's aboard. I used them - not recently - for four tours: Athens & various islands; Turkey; Jordan and Scandinavia & the USSR (that's how long ago).

Whilst there was a fair amount of drinkers aboard, especially Russia/Scandi - a 6.5 week trip - no one was pressured to drink and it was all good natured. I'm not a big drinker and mixed happily with the others while they were imbibing and I was nursing a soda.

They're a long established company, who started out catering predominantly to Australians and New Zealanders - who will make up a good proportion of many tours.

Do your research - there are a number of forums devoted to tour companies / reviews and go from there.

https://www.topdeck.travel

Toronto, Canada
Level Contributor
3,119 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Young adult tours

Contiki caters for your age group 18 - 35 yr olds.

Type where you want to go in the destination search box, they are global.

http://www.contiki.com/

A NZ mate used them one year, had great fun.

Sacramento...
Level Contributor
102 posts
29 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Young adult tours

I had friends who used Haggis Adventures and really enjoyed them.

The UK is really easy to do yourself, but I can understand wanting to meet people who are all on holiday.

7. Re: Young adult tours

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This post was determined to be inappropriate by the TripAdvisor community and has been removed.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

Our staff may also remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason. Thanks for being a part of the TripAdvisor travel community!

Removed on: 11 January 2015, 12:05
Southampton
Level Contributor
4,016 posts
24 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Young adult tours

As you have probably noticed, tours specifically for your age group do tend to be for hardened partiers. Yes, you could be lucky and end up with a quieter group, but I personally would not want to risk my money on that.

Tours for young people are for the most part aimed at antipodeans. As already discussed above, in UK culture coach tours are mostly aimed at pensioners. You would be welcome to book a tour with a British company, but you will be 40 years younger than everyone else.

Edited: 11 January 2015, 14:04
Kent, UK
Level Contributor
6,823 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Young adult tours

This thread is from last year, it was necroposted by someone trying to advertise a website.

Southampton
Level Contributor
4,016 posts
24 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Young adult tours

Sorry!