We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Gatwick Airport from Hammersmith

Guernsey, United...
Level Contributor
19 posts
Save Topic
Gatwick Airport from Hammersmith

Hi I will be in London over night on 10 March. I need to get from Hammersmith to London Gatwick on Tuesday 11 March to arrive at the airport by 7.45 am. Any suggestions on the quickest reasonably priced route i might take? Would be prepared to pay a little extra so I have time for breakfast at the Hotel before I leave it.

Thanks

Bingley, United...
Destination Expert
for Edinburgh
Level Contributor
32,328 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: Gatwick Airport from Hammersmith

7:45am - is that the time of your flight, or when check-in opens.

If the former you'd need to be leaving Hammersmith about 4:00am (N11 nightbus from Hammersmith Broadway to Victoria, then train from there). If the latter then take the Tube to Victoria, then train from there.

Better option would be not to stay in Hammersmith at all, but near Victoria or at Gatwick.

As for breakfast - do you really want to risk missing your flight when you could get breakfast at the airport?

Vancouver, Canada
Destination Expert
for London
Level Contributor
55,370 posts
15 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Gatwick Airport from Hammersmith

There are Southern departures from Victoria station at 0632 and 0651 to arrive at Gatwick at 0724 and 0740; single fare is £15. The District line journey from Hammersmith station to Victoria Underground station will take between 14 and 18 minutes, then you'll need to add the walk from the Tube station to the departure platform at Victoria.

I'd be on the District line train no later than 0600 and aim for the 0632 departure from Victoria.

Guernsey, United...
Level Contributor
19 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: Gatwick Airport from Hammersmith

Thanks this is very helpful. Trying to decide whether to stay in Hammersmith or closer to Gatwick. The latter would mean travelling from Hammersmith to Gatwick at approx 11 pm the night before. Difficult, I am not good at getting up early but at the same time I don't fancy the tube late at night. Any thoughts? check in time would be 7.45 am.

London
Destination Expert
for Thirassia, Fira
Level Contributor
13,966 posts
16 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Gatwick Airport from Hammersmith

See if the Yotel at Gatwick have availability. Small, pod rooms with comfy beds and monsoon showers. I've used them a few times before an early morning check-in.

www.yotel.com/hotels/london-gatwick

london
Destination Expert
for Nile River Valley
Level Contributor
12,202 posts
242 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Gatwick Airport from Hammersmith

If check in time is 7.45 you would not have time for hotel breakfast and a train to Gatwick from Hammersmith.

There is really no problem with the Tube in the evenings. It is heaving with tourists the whole time.

Guernsey, United...
Level Contributor
19 posts
Save Reply
6. Re: Gatwick Airport from Hammersmith

Thanks for the confirmation on the Tube. It might be the better option to stay at Gatwick and get the travelling out of the way at night, when still buzzing from the performance.

7. Re: Gatwick Airport from Hammersmith

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

TripAdvisor staff removed this post because it did not meet TripAdvisor's forum guidelines with regards to the participation of business representatives.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 19 January 2014, 18:50
London
Destination Expert
for London
Level Contributor
21,550 posts
75 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Gatwick Airport from Hammersmith

Stop spamming this forum. I've reported you and asked TA to remove your account.

London
Destination Expert
for Thirassia, Fira
Level Contributor
13,966 posts
16 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Gatwick Airport from Hammersmith

All this sort of spamming does is mark the company as being unreliable and irresponsible and never to use. Probably not the effect they were hoping for.

10. Re: Gatwick Airport from Hammersmith

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 21 January 2015, 06:18