We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Caesar or Granger Rochester

New Mexico
Level Contributor
213 posts
1 review
Save Topic
Caesar or Granger Rochester

We will be staying 4 days in London In August. Does anyone have any opinions on either of these hotels? It is my first time in London. I want to visit Westminster Abby,, Hampton courts, Buckingham palace, perhaps go over to Grenwich......

Thanks in advance for any advice.

Watford
Destination Expert
for London
Level Contributor
41,745 posts
51 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Caesar or Granger Rochester

Have you read the reviews?

tripadvisor.co.uk/Hotel_Review-g186338-d1920…

tripadvisor.co.uk/Hotel_Review-g186338-d2246…

Without knowing what rate you are paying it is hard to comment more other than both hotels are fairly basic in reasonable but not wonderful locations. The later is possibly the more central and easy to reach from both Gatwick and Heathrow airports.

I suspect you might be able do a little better (have a look at the Premier Inn chain) but if you would like more help or suggestions then please let us know a budget in pounds, how many "we" is and if any of "we" are under 16!

New Mexico
Level Contributor
213 posts
1 review
Save Reply
2. Re: Caesar or Granger Rochester

I am paying 121 GBP. This includes taxes. We are my husband and myself (active seniors). We will be arriving in London by train from Edinburgh. Spending 4 nights and then renting a car (somewhere , suggestions welcome) to drive to the the Cotswolds and returning the car to Heathrow. Will entertain any suggestions. Thanks in advance!

New Mexico
Level Contributor
213 posts
1 review
Save Reply
3. Re: Caesar or Granger Rochester

I'm the OP replying to adamshornet. I did read the reviews and thought they were pretty good. I also thought it was a really good location. What am I missing? Please help. I thought I was doing great LOL.

Vancouver, Canada
Destination Expert
for London
Level Contributor
56,342 posts
15 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Caesar or Granger Rochester

I find Bayswater a bit dull, and for that reason would not choose the Caesar. I think you can do a bit better than the Grange Rochester as well.

Very much depending on your travel dates in August, you may find rooms at the new (due to open next month) Premier Inn St Pancras from just £89, availability at the newish (opened in November 2013) PI Monument, or at the PI Blackfriars. All are better situated than the hotels you've considered, and - I suspect - you will find the accommodations more salubrious at the PIs as well.

Let us know when in August you will be in London.

New Mexico
Level Contributor
213 posts
1 review
Save Reply
5. Re: Caesar or Granger Rochester

I will be in London August 11 leaving on the 15th.

Vancouver, Canada
Destination Expert
for London
Level Contributor
56,342 posts
15 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Caesar or Granger Rochester

Thank you.

The PI Blackfriars has rooms for £89 for two nights of your stay and £120 for the other two nights. The PI Kensington in Knaresborough Place has rates that are a little different, with a total that's £23 less than the stay at the Blackfriars PI. The Kensington hotel isn't as central as the Blackfriars property, but it has the advantage of being two minutes' walk from Earl's Court station, with step free access from and to the Piccadilly line for the trip from King's Cross (on arrival day) and to Heathrow at the end of your stay should you wish to hire a car from the airport.

The Blackfriars hotel is about five minutes' walk from Blackfriars station. The trip from that station to Heathrow involves a cross platform change, one of the easiest on the Underground, at Hammersmith, and like the trip from Earl's Court is step free. From King's Cross on arrival day you could walk to adjacent St Pancras and with Travelcards in hand take a First Capitol Connect train to City Thameslink station for the short walk to the hotel.

Earl's Court has good Underground connections to much of visitors' London; Blackfriars has lots of buses as well as the Underground and National Rail trains too.

New Mexico
Level Contributor
213 posts
1 review
Save Reply
7. Re: Caesar or Granger Rochester

All 3 of the Premier Inns are the same price and are available. Do you think one is better? Also is breakfast worth 17 GBP for 2 of us?

New Mexico
Level Contributor
213 posts
1 review
Save Reply
8. Re: Caesar or Granger Rochester

We will be arriving by train from Edinburgh. We will be leaving by rental car but I have no idea where we should arrange to pick the car up. Suggestions? Perhaps Heathrow since we need to return there for our flight home.

Watford
Destination Expert
for London
Level Contributor
41,745 posts
51 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Caesar or Granger Rochester

It will certainly be slightly easier to stay at one of the three Premier Inn's (Euston, Kings Cross or the new St Pancras one) located within walking distance of Kings Cross station. If the cost is only a little more than I think it is worth especially as you are also handy to the tube station in order to take the Piccadilly line to Heathrow to pick up your rental car.

I do think collecting the car from there is your best option although you would have to go from the tube station at Heathrow to a terminal (T1 is probably the easiest) and then to the car rental site. Hiring a car with Sixt from Hatton Cross (one stop before Heathrow) would be an option but you will have to compare rates.

10. Re: Caesar or Granger Rochester

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 20 January 2015, 05:18