We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Where to eat near Sloane Square?

Which London hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Sydney, Australia
Level Contributor
37 posts
17 reviews
Save Topic
Where to eat near Sloane Square?

Hello lovely TALFers.

Can anyone suggest somewhere for an early dinner near Sloane Square? I'm seeing David Sedaris at Cadogan Hall in March and there seem to be a few options nearby, but I'd much prefer some personal recommendations than just taking a guess when I get there. I'm very open on cuisine and price, but it is a Sunday night and the show starts at 7, so somewhere more casual would probably be a better fit.

Would it also be worth heading over there early to have a wander around? I don't know much about the area, but I do love the idea of exploring a part of London I probably wouldn't have visited otherwise.

Any and all suggestions will be greatly appreciated. Thank you!

Dallas, Texas
Level Contributor
2,301 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: Where to eat near Sloane Square?

Cote or the Antelope (food served till 18:00 on Sunday) would both be good bets.

The square itself is not much to look at, you could walk down King's Road for a bit of window shopping. Or walk around Knightsbridge to see how the rich live.

London & Paris
Level Contributor
2,912 posts
29 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Where to eat near Sloane Square?

Côte Brasserie at 7-12 Sloane Square. They're open all day (8 am to 10.30 pm) on Sundays.

Italy
Level Contributor
39,484 posts
207 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Where to eat near Sloane Square?

I would check out the www.toptable.co.uk website as you can get some good deals for pre-theatre dining, they list by area so you should find somewhere near Cadogan Hall.

UK
Level Contributor
2,559 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Where to eat near Sloane Square?

Is to suggest to come all the way from Australia to eat in Cote lacking in adventure spirit ?

Factory packed food ad nauseam ?.Could try Colbert ? bon appetit regmaiche

London & Paris
Level Contributor
2,912 posts
29 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Where to eat near Sloane Square?

"Factory packed food" Not Côte - perhaps you're thinking of Café Rouge.

Côte is a good example of an excellent British restaurant business serving mainly French dishes.

I haven't tried Colbert yet, and didn't mention it as the reviews are very mixed. Have you dined there, Regmaiche?

Sydney, Australia
Level Contributor
37 posts
17 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Where to eat near Sloane Square?

Thank you for the replies and suggestions, I'll check them out.

UK
Level Contributor
2,559 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Where to eat near Sloane Square?

Richard RFC

I almost invariably only recommend from personal experience the Colbert is no different. -Surely the main objective of a forum. To just quote from “Time shout” et alia seems unadventurous and can even be out of date Re cote one could be excused for letting the thought cross ones mind, do I as inferred, confuse myself here? Often pass one when frozen food van is delivering. However the Oeuffs Benedict s are appetising. Freshly prepared . I was told Richard Caring famous entrepreneur restaurant owner connected with Ivy sold out his C share for £millions to private equity group

The King is dead?

Respectfully regmaiche

County Dublin...
Level Contributor
24,244 posts
Save Reply
8. Re: Where to eat near Sloane Square?

This one might fit the bill.

www.bibendum.co.uk/

9. Re: Where to eat near Sloane Square?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 21 January 2015, 05:18