We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

6 hrs gap in my trip !! your input please

Which London hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
London, United...
Level Contributor
10 posts
1 review
Save Topic
6 hrs gap in my trip !! your input please

Hello,

I'm spending a couple of days in London with my girlfriend. Everything is sorted, I just have a 6 hrs gap in one of the days. It goes like this:

-The National Gallery in the morning.

- Afternoon tea at Fortnum and Mason

- Theater

We are staying near Trafalgar Square,

London
Level Contributor
1,292 posts
23 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: 6 hrs gap in my trip !! your input please

Are you saying there is 6hrs between the end of afternoon tea and arriving at the theatre ? I t must be a very late pergormance ?

london
Destination Expert
for Nile River Valley
Level Contributor
12,089 posts
230 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: 6 hrs gap in my trip !! your input please

I don't really understand. Teatime is the late afternoon - or it would conflict with lunch or indeed dinner. If you have tea, sandwiches and cakes at say 2 I suppose you could call it lunch! But you would still not have 6 hours to kill.

Anyway, if you are at Fortnum's in the afternoon, like art and want to stay in the West End you could visit the National Potrait Gallery or the Royal Academy. Or for a change of pace walk up Bond Street through the Burlington Arcade and cross Oxford Street to the Wallace Collection where there is a collection of armour and other items as well as paintings. It's a short walk back from there to most theatres.

Sheffield
Level Contributor
4,329 posts
137 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: 6 hrs gap in my trip !! your input please

And round the corner from the Wallace (nice teas there too) is the 'Spanish Church' - St James in Spanish Place.

London, United...
Level Contributor
10 posts
1 review
Save Reply
4. Re: 6 hrs gap in my trip !! your input please

Ill be taking yoir advice verity1

Cheers all

Dallas, Texas
Level Contributor
3,587 posts
Save Reply
5. Re: 6 hrs gap in my trip !! your input please

A formal afternoon tea is gonna last about 2 hours. What time are you having tea? 11:00 AM?

Solihull
Level Contributor
3,937 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: 6 hrs gap in my trip !! your input please

Few things here to do around Piccadilly where Fortnum and Mason are.

www.secret-london.co.uk/Piccadilly.html

7. Re: 6 hrs gap in my trip !! your input please

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 20 January 2015, 06:19