We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Timings @ Gatwick Airport!!

Liskeard, United...
Level Contributor
70 posts
30 reviews
Save Topic
Timings @ Gatwick Airport!!

Hi there!

My husband and I are heading to London in June. We are flying in from Newquay to Gatwick airport. I would love some help in knowing where in Gatwick we will arrive and how long it will take to do all the airport stuff such as security and then to walk to catch a national rail train (not the Gatwick express) and where it is located in the airport. This is so I have rough idea of what time train to catch into London Victoria.

We have no hold luggage and arrive at 0900hrs on a Friday morning.

Thanks in advance for any help provided xx

London
Destination Expert
for London
Level Contributor
20,882 posts
45 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Timings @ Gatwick Airport!!

No need whatsoever to book in advance on this route, the trains run every few minutes and don't have seat reservations anyway.

Gatwick to London Victoria: £19.90 with Gatwick Express, £15.00 with Southern.

Gatwick to London Bridge, London Blackfriars, City Thameslink, Farringdon or London St Pancras International: £10.00 with First Capital Connect.

If you are travelling Monday-Friday, if you wait until 09.20 you can add an off-peak one-day travelcard for a total cost of £31.30 Gatwick Express, £15.80 Southern and just £13.50 First Capital Connect. Stipulate which route you want when buying.

Worthing, United...
Level Contributor
1,545 posts
45 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Timings @ Gatwick Airport!!

All going to plan, you'll arrive at South Terminal and be out of the airport within about 40 minutes of landing. The train station is in the south terminal, and will be sign-posted from where you are dumped after baggage reclaim.

Completely ignore anything Gatwick express, and if you go to the ticket office remember to specify either Southern or First Capital Connect, otherwise they'll try to fleece you for the express fare.

Edited: 19 January 2014, 13:13
London, United...
Level Contributor
9,763 posts
23 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Timings @ Gatwick Airport!!

40 minutes with no luggage reclaim / immigration to do? I've never done a domestic flight into LGW but would expect quicker than that as I have managed to get through passport control and reclaim in 40 minutes.

Worthing, United...
Level Contributor
1,545 posts
45 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Timings @ Gatwick Airport!!

Oops, didn't read no luggage, more like 25 then.

5. Re: Timings @ Gatwick Airport!!

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 21 January 2015, 06:18