We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

travelling to paris

mumbai
2 posts
Save Topic
travelling to paris

hi everyone

i will be travelling to london for 3 weeks durin end of march on a uk business visa on a indian passport.

in order to travel paris can i need to apply for visa at embassy in london or it is not mandatory to have visa ?

Likely To Sell Out
Stonehenge, Windsor Castle, and Bath...
5,388 Reviews
from US$125.70*
Stonehenge, Windsor Castle, Bath, Pub...
2,148 Reviews
from US$128.40*
Likely To Sell Out
Warner Bros. Studio: The Making of...
540 Reviews
from US$113.40*
Bingley, United...
Destination Expert
for Edinburgh
Level Contributor
34,172 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: travelling to paris

You need a Schengen Visa for France. I would ask on the France forum for exact information as it's ;likely to have been asked there before

Mentioned in this post
France
France
Europe
mumbai
2 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: travelling to paris

thanks for the prompt response

would be waitin fr ur reply

Brussels
Level Contributor
5,672 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: travelling to paris

<in order to travel paris can i need to apply for visa at embassy in london or it is not mandatory to have visa ?>

You will need a Schengen short-stay visa. You will have to apply for it at the French Consulate in Mumbai (if that is where you live) http://www.vfs-france.co.in/index.html

vfs-france.co.in/france-bombaydocuments1.html

Cotswolds
Level Contributor
11,388 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: travelling to paris

I would have thought the French Embassy in Mumbai would be the place to start - leaving it until you are in London is likely to result in insufficient time being available

Mentioned in this post
London
London
England, UK
London, United...
Level Contributor
162 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: travelling to paris

lol no, Alanrow means YOU should ask on the France forum!

Mentioned in this post
France
France
Europe
Brussels
Level Contributor
5,672 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: travelling to paris

<I would have thought the French Embassy in Mumbai would be the place to start>

The place to start is the website of the French Embassy in India, which I posted in answer 3. It sets out in detail the procedure for applying for a Schengen visa.

<leaving it until you are in London is likely to result in insufficient time being available>

The OP will not be able to apply for a visa in London. You must apply for a Schengen visa in your country of residence (except in an emergency, which does not apply here).

Edited: 19 January 2014, 22:07
Mentioned in this post
London
London
England, UK
7. Re: travelling to paris

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 21 January 2015, 07:19