We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Scotland Trip

Ahmedabad, India
Level Contributor
20 posts
1 review
Save Topic
Scotland Trip

Hi;

I am visiting London in next week and thinking to plan scotland trip for 3-d\4 days. Could you pls advice should I visit either Glasgow or Edinburgh? Also I am travelling from India here is the temperature of 25 C so is this the right time to go Scotland?

Likely To Sell Out
Stonehenge, Windsor Castle and Bath...
5,233 reviews
from US$125.50*
Likely To Sell Out
Making of Harry Potter Round-Trip...
439 reviews
from US$104.40*
Stonehenge, Windsor Castle, Bath...
2,069 reviews
from US$148.10*
Likely To Sell Out
Harry Potter Tour of Warner Bros...
628 reviews
from US$100.10*
London
Destination Expert
for London
Level Contributor
21,365 posts
45 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Scotland Trip

Temperatures in the Glasgow/Edinburgh Scotland area are expected to be between 3C and 10C in the daytime, and anywhere between -3C and 6C overnight.

London, United...
Level Contributor
492 posts
15 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Scotland Trip

edinburgh would be my choice, as a tourist destination.

Level Contributor
1,508 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Scotland Trip

Very much depends what you want to see and do as both cities have much to offer.

Winchester, United...
Level Contributor
498 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: Scotland Trip

If your unlikely to be over in the UK then it's definitely the right time, if you're a frequent visitor them it's up to you - there is no "right time". Weather wise you're highly unlikely to be stuck there due to weather any time of the year so now is as good as any other time. Personally I think Edinburgh has more to offer a tourist but it does depend on what you want to do and see

Edinburgh, United...
Level Contributor
11,555 posts
53 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Scotland Trip

I'd base yourself in Edinburgh as I'd say it's more touristy and you can always do a day trip to Glasgow - it's less than an hour on the train.

There's no good time for Scottish weather ;-) bring some good thick clothes and an umbrella!

Detroit, Michigan
Level Contributor
5,351 posts
20 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Scotland Trip

I'd pick Edinburgh. Much more to see right in the city and lots to see in the area if you'll be getting out of the city.

7. Re: Scotland Trip

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 24 January 2015, 07:40