We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Tube Strikes

Bournemouth, United...
Level Contributor
168 posts
34 reviews
Save Topic
Tube Strikes

Good evening everyone,

I have been reading a wealth of knowledge from this site, thank you all so much.

The question that I wanted to ask is, we are getting into London on 12th Feb around 14.30 I know the strike is starting on the 12th can anyone advise on the easiest way to get from London Waterloo to Kensington High Street?

Also is the strike going into the 13th? ive read quite a lot of information and now im confused!? If the strike does go into the 13th what is the best way to get around London, we will be wanted to travel from Kensington to Tower Bridge, China Town and the Theatre district throughout the day?

Any help will be greatly appreciated :)

Vancouver, Canada
Destination Expert
for London
Level Contributor
56,348 posts
15 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Tube Strikes

Depending on your destination in Kenington High Street, and if you have bought a rail ticket that includes a Travelcard, you may wish to consider alighting from the train at Clapham Junction instead of Waterloo.

Change to the Overground service at Clapham Junction for a train to either West Brompton or Kensington Olympia. Doing so will put you on the right side of London for Kensington W8; you won't have to cope with the slow trek on the 211 from Waterloo to Sloane Square and then fight your way on the C1 towards the High Street.

Let us know your desination near High Street Ken station, please.

Brighton, United...
Level Contributor
176 posts
22 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Tube Strikes

No Brainer, if ever I am bound for High Street Ken, and going through Clapham , I would always jump on the overground there on a normal day. Let alone a strike day.

London & Paris
Level Contributor
3,110 posts
33 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Tube Strikes

The Tube strikes in February are planned to last for 48 hours each, starting at midday 4th Feb and midday 11th Feb. So the second strike will end at midday on the 13th, but be prepared for disrupted services for the rest of the day on the 13th.

I suggest you have a play with TfL Journey Planner at http://journeyplanner.tfl.gov.uk

Put in the postcode of your hotel (and change "Station or stop in ..." to "Postcode") and enter a destination and date/time. Then untick "Tube" in the list of travel modes and see what it suggests.

4. Re: Tube Strikes

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 25 January 2015, 06:22