We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

One short question regarding NatRail 2 for 1 offers

Which London hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Akureyri, Iceland
2 posts
Save Topic
One short question regarding NatRail 2 for 1 offers

Are paper 7-day travelcards purchased from tfl.gov.uk valid for National Rail 2 for 1 offers in London?

I have read both the "2-4-1 Travelcards, Step by Step" and "Where do I obtain and where can I use the Oyster Card and 2-4-1 offers in London?" and they've been immensely helpful but neither answer my question.

Malmo, Sweden
Level Contributor
30 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: One short question regarding NatRail 2 for 1 offers

No they are not the same. The 2 for 1 promotions are offered only on paper travel cards bought at railway stations and with the rail logo on the bottom left corner.

Vancouver, Canada
Destination Expert
for London
Level Contributor
54,917 posts
15 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: One short question regarding NatRail 2 for 1 offers

'Are paper 7-day Travelcards purchased from tfl.gov.uk valid for National Rail 2 for 1 offers in London?' Absolutely not.

Although the Travelcards shown at that site have the NR double arrow logo on them, they are NOT NR tickets, which will look like this: rail.co.uk/images/1825/original/expensive-an… Ignore what's printed on the tickets, it's the orange and cream paper stock that's important.

Where have you booked to stay in London? Let us know, and we'll suggest the nearest rail station for purchase of the necessary tickets.

Akureyri, Iceland
2 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: One short question regarding NatRail 2 for 1 offers

Thanks for the answers. I'll be staying near Elephant & Castle.

Toronto, Canada
Level Contributor
38 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: One short question regarding NatRail 2 for 1 offers

Nearest rail station where i can purchase rail tickets just to use for 2 4 1 offer, if staying at hotel millennium gloucester?

U.S. expats
Destination Expert
for Windsor, London
Level Contributor
19,639 posts
199 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: One short question regarding NatRail 2 for 1 offers

Victoria Station.

It is worth pointing out that in the "2-4-1 Travelcard" article, the words "rail station" in step one are a hyperlink to a list of rail stations in London. Also, if you google your hotel, rail stations will appear with the National rail logo, http://tinyurl.com/mf4zmed

London, United...
Level Contributor
1,248 posts
1 review
Save Reply
6. Re: One short question regarding NatRail 2 for 1 offers

For the OP, Elephant and Castle railway station!

Winchester, United...
Level Contributor
498 posts
Save Reply
7. Re: One short question regarding NatRail 2 for 1 offers

Again just to be crystal clear - that's Elephant & Castle Railway Station, not the London Underground Station nearby. In this map ( http://bit.ly/Ljic4L ) you want the one on the right with the National Rail logo (as TP stated) and visible tracks on the map, the one on the left with the roundel is the London Underground (TfL) station that you *cannot* get the 2-for-1 type travelcard from

8. Re: One short question regarding NatRail 2 for 1 offers

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 30 January 2015, 05:17