We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Once again: Stansted / National Express coach

Which London hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Berlin, Germany
Level Contributor
78 posts
4 reviews
Save Topic
Once again: Stansted / National Express coach

I've never been to Stansted Airport before.

How much time should I allow between arrival and the departure of the National Express coach? I have only hand baggage and an EU Passport.

I would like to book for the bus in advance, but what if I miss it? I can’t find out if there is a ticket office at the airport.

As I’m going to see the Royal Ballet AND the English National Ballet (what a splurge!) I’d rather be keeping travel expenses as low as possible... ;-)

Thanks in advance!

London
Level Contributor
9,302 posts
61 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Once again: Stansted / National Express coach

There is a ticket office in the bus station outside the terminal - where the buses leave from. You may save a few pounds buying in advance but I prefer to buy a ticket once I get to the bus station. In my opinin, that flexibility is worth the extra few pounds. Having flexibility enables you to take whichever service is leaving next - there is competition on this route with both NationalExpress and Terravision operating multiple routes into London - and you're unlikely to have to wait more than a few minutes before the next available bus is leaving.

Another reason to buy when you arrive is we can't predict if your plane is delayed or if there is a long queue at immigration - whiich happens occasionally.

Berlin, Germany
Level Contributor
78 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Once again: Stansted / National Express coach

This is very useful information, thank you!

Loughton, United...
Level Contributor
6,074 posts
329 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Once again: Stansted / National Express coach

Depending on where you are staying, you can also save a little time by using the NX coach (£8) to Stratford and getting an Oystercard PAYG there for travel into your hotel and around London

Berlin, Germany
Level Contributor
78 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Once again: Stansted / National Express coach

Yes, I've thought about that, too. If I'd take the tube from Stratford to Tottenham Court Road and change lines to Goodge St - that could work out.. My hotel is in Gower St. Isn't it quicker also?

Or I could change at Liverpool St Station and go to Euston Sq.

There are SO many possibilities, it makes my head spin.

Thank you for the input - I'm glad to have a few weeks until I leave for London!

5. Re: Once again: Stansted / National Express coach

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 29 January 2015, 06:19