We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Suggestion on my London visit

Which London hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Pasadena, California
Level Contributor
226 posts
10 reviews
Save Topic
Suggestion on my London visit

we (2 adults and 2 kids 6,9 yrs) will be in London for 4 days, will stay within 1 km from St pancras station. please suggest the best method for local public transportation. Following are the list of places we planned to visit (might cut certain places based on available time)

Buckingham palace ***

Tate Modern Museum ***

The london eye

Trafalgar square ***

British Museum ***

Kensington Gardens

Tower bridge & River cruise *** ==

House of Parliment ***

National Gallery

Natural history Museum

Victoria and alert Museum

Hampton court palace *

Harry Potter studio tour *

Walking in the streets

Afternoon tea

British museum ***

plus any one or two top art gallery.

Hebden Bridge...
Level Contributor
810 posts
34 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Suggestion on my London visit

Buses or tubes - check out the Transport for London website which will answer all your questions, including ones you didn't realise you had.

Loughton, United...
Level Contributor
6,085 posts
329 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Suggestion on my London visit

You are centrally located - all these save Hampton Ct and Potter are within a couple of miles of your hotel.

Most of the London attractions you mention are free admission. Your children travel free on the Underground and buses. You can either buy 1 day paper travelcards zones 1-2 from Kings Cross or St Pancras national rail stations, which qualify for 2 for 1 admissions, but if you are only going to free attractions, then you can load them onto an Oystercard at Tube stations too. Either give free transport on buses tubes DLR trains. For Hampton Ct and Watford (Potter) you will need to load extra funds onto the Oyster to cover the zones beyond 2 you are travelling to. Tube ticket offices will do this for you

London
Destination Expert
for Thirassia, Fira
Level Contributor
13,449 posts
16 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Suggestion on my London visit

If you know the date you want for the Harry Potter studio tour and haven't already booked, then please do so as it does sell out.

tripadvisor.co.uk/Travel-g2691242-d2147749/L…

London
Level Contributor
1,292 posts
23 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Suggestion on my London visit

The Hampton Court visit deserves the best part of a day - but you could combine it with a chance for the kids to let off steam after all the traipsing around museums by visiting Bushey Park (just across the road) where there is a playground, deer to see, ponds (to fall in) and space to run around

London, United...
Level Contributor
9,101 posts
23 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Suggestion on my London visit

Both Tate Modern and The National Gallery are art galleries rather than museums, so you have two already. There are plenty of others of course.

London, United...
Level Contributor
4,818 posts
70 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Suggestion on my London visit

Now of course I don't know your children but I would think that for most children and given such a limited time in London I would put Tate Modern and the National Gallery last on my list. Kensington Gardens too . Not a lot there. Harry Potter will probably take the best part of a day and so will Hampton Court so your remaining time is quite limited.

Pasadena, California
Level Contributor
226 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Suggestion on my London visit

Thank you everyone, also is there any other must do activities with family.

Illinois
Level Contributor
16,207 posts
16 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Suggestion on my London visit

You don't have the Tower of London on the list. That would be at the top of mine.

U.S. expats
Destination Expert
for Windsor, London
Level Contributor
19,539 posts
199 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Suggestion on my London visit

I would pare down your list, not add to it. As it stands, with the better part of two days at Hampton Court Palace and Harry Potter, you are not going to be able to do what you have listed.

And +1 to the suggestion of Tower of London, which never disappoints.

Dragging a 6 and 9 year old through 6 museums in two days will not make you very popular.

Manchester, United...
Level Contributor
287 posts
50 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Suggestion on my London visit

+ 2... The tower of London is a MUST :)