We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

4 Days London with a 5 year old

Athens, Greece
Level Contributor
7 posts
3 reviews
Save Topic
4 Days London with a 5 year old

Hello,

We will be traveling to London in May with a 5 year old boy who loves knights, castles and British history. It will be his first time there and he cannot wait to see all the great things he fantasizes about. We will be arriving at Heathrow on May 7 at 11am and staying at Knightsbridge. We will be leaving on Sunday 11th at 4:30pm so that is technically 4 days and 1 morning before we are off to the airport. Can you help me plan a 4 day itinerary ?

So far we think he will enjoy these things but of course we know that we will probably not be able to do all of them :

1. Tower of London

2. British Museum

3. Natural History Museum

4. Aquarium

5. Portobello Market ( I would really love to go there as I love antiques but I know it is maybe too hard to squeeze in but maybe we can combine it with something else?)

6. Some general sightseeing and letting the young one "feel" London

At some point there was also the thought of taking a day trip at Windsor and Royal Holloway University, Egham where his dad and I met and he would enjoy Windsor Castle and Founders Hall which is all Harry Potter like but again I realize we only have a few days so that may not be possible. I wish we had more days.

Do you have any recommendations on how to go about planning/combining most of these? Do you have any tips on what to do with a 5 year old who is probably going to get tired walking but will still want to see things?

Thanks!

Winchester, United...
Level Contributor
498 posts
Save Reply
11. Re: 4 Days London with a 5 year old

I cannot vouch for it as I have not been but Mountfitchet Castle out near Stanstead (ok so not London but the airport is considered London!) is a recreation type affair of Norman times I believe and also has a toy museum. Good TA reviews: tripadvisor.co.uk/Attraction_Review-g1577375…

Dallas, Texas
Level Contributor
3,804 posts
Save Reply
12. Re: 4 Days London with a 5 year old

I will give another vote for the London Transport Museum. Five year old boys seem to love buses and trains and things that move around. It's not overly large and it's well presented.

13. Re: 4 Days London with a 5 year old

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 01 February 2015, 05:22