We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Hotels near London Novello Theatre

Which London hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Grimsby...
Level Contributor
16 posts
20 reviews
Save Topic
Hotels near London Novello Theatre

I have found a few hotels near the London Novello Theatre but has anyone got any advice/suggestions please? Preferably within walking distance of the theatre, Charing Cross Hotel looks nice and the Holiday Inn London Kings Cross but not sure how far these are, can anyone help please? Plus any recommendations on where to eat locally too, was thinking of a nice Italian restaurant. Thank you

Watford
Destination Expert
for London
Level Contributor
40,459 posts
44 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Hotels near London Novello Theatre

Could we have a budget please as well as what you mean by near? The Charing Cross is a fine if old fashioned full service hotel located within easy walking distance of the theatre whereas The HI Kings Cross is a more modern hotel in not such a good location and would involve a couple of buses in order to get to The Novello.

In other words there is no contest between those two but knowing a budget would allow us to make some more suggestions.

Grimsby...
Level Contributor
16 posts
20 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Hotels near London Novello Theatre

Thank you for replying, am looking around £150 - £180 a night.

Worthing, United...
Level Contributor
1,543 posts
45 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Hotels near London Novello Theatre

The Strand Palace hotel is a 3 minute walk away, however due to it being in a fab location, it needs booking in advance, and you're looking at the region of about £120 per night, or you can upgrade to an executive king room for a bit more, see the link below.

booking.com/hotel/gb/strandpalace.en-gb.html

Also very nearby, I thought the Cucina Asellina restaurant was a pretty solid Italian.

Edited: 29 January 2014, 19:11
Watford
Destination Expert
for London
Level Contributor
40,459 posts
44 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Hotels near London Novello Theatre

That is a decent budget and the Charing Cross is certainly a good option. You could also look at The Kingsway Hall or the more impersonal but very close (to the theatre) Strand Palace.

As for Italian restaurants, there used to be a couple of decent options along The Strand but I think they have both closed. One was called Stranded in London and I thought it had just changed its name but I couldn't find anything other than this which isn't quite the same - www.timeout.com/london/restaurants/port-house

Grimsby...
Level Contributor
16 posts
20 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Hotels near London Novello Theatre

Thank you for your help.

London, United...
Level Contributor
2,926 posts
24 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Hotels near London Novello Theatre

La Ballerina on bow street (2minute walk from Novello) is a famous Italian restaurant, the TA reviews are very mixed though.

County Dublin...
Level Contributor
24,732 posts
Save Reply
7. Re: Hotels near London Novello Theatre

Another vote for the.

www.kingswayhall.co.uk/

8. Re: Hotels near London Novello Theatre

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 31 January 2015, 07:22