We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

London Original Bus Tour

Florida
Level Contributor
43 posts
13 reviews
Save Topic
London Original Bus Tour

My husband and I will be in London for two days in May and would like to buy a two day pass on the original hop on hop off bus. I can not see a way to do this on their web site. Does anyone know if we must buy tickets for one day and then buy tickets for the second day?

Harrow, United...
Destination Expert
for York
Level Contributor
8,801 posts
43 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: London Original Bus Tour

Using Orginal Bus Tour for more than a day is poor value. It's ok as an overview but you're better using public transport (tube/bus) to get around - cheaper and covers most of central London unlike the bus tour.

Kirkwall, United...
Level Contributor
129 posts
25 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: London Original Bus Tour

We did this a few weeks ago. At the moment, they have a free 48hr upgrade, so you just buy a 24hr ticket and its upgraded to 48hrs.

Oregon
Level Contributor
109 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: London Original Bus Tour

I know with their "buy one day and get the next day free" promotion, the days have to be consecutive.

Can we purchase online and give an approximate date we will be using that week ?

Since the ticket will be prepaid, can we start the tour at any of the stops such as St. Peter's ??

Oregon
Level Contributor
109 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: London Original Bus Tour

I can't find a way to get the two days online either ??

Also, it isn't St. Peter's, I was thinking about catching the bus at St. Paul's.

Vancouver, Canada
Destination Expert
for London
Level Contributor
56,051 posts
15 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: London Original Bus Tour

The 'pay for one day, get the next day free' promotion will probably finish at the end of next month or at the end of March. I doubt it will be available in May.

In any event, the hop on hop off buses really should not be considered for use as transport. Tickets are very expensive, the buses run on very restricted routes and timetables, and with plenty of other transport available you should be looking to London's red buses, the Underground, DLR and more for your transport needs rather than the hop on hop off services.

Should you buy a one day ticket, as far as I know you may join at any of the stops. At St Paul's, most of the tour buses call near stop G in Ludgate Hill, as near St Paul's as one can get in a vehicle. tfl.gov.uk/gettingaround/maps/buses/pdf/blac… If you prefer, you may join the crowds who will wait near stop TA at the Tower: tfl.gov.uk/gettingaround/maps/buses/pdf/towe…

Oregon
Level Contributor
109 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: London Original Bus Tour

Great maps, thanks !

11, 15 and 76 all look good and 76 goes right to Waterloo. Looks like a perfect way to get to the train.

7. Re: London Original Bus Tour

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 31 January 2015, 07:22