We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Heathrow Airport to Charing Cross Hospital.....help!

Pittenweem, United...
Level Contributor
4 posts
13 reviews
Save Topic
Heathrow Airport to Charing Cross Hospital.....help!

Hi All

I have a hospital appointment in Charing Cross on the 12th Feb and I have just found out this is a tube strike date. I dont know London very well and would normally use the tube. Can anyone help me with an alternative route? Thanks in advance for any help!

Best Seller
Stonehenge, Windsor Castle and Bath...
5,233 reviews
from US$125.50*
Best Seller
Making of Harry Potter Round-Trip...
439 reviews
from US$104.40*
Best Seller
Stonehenge, Windsor Castle, Bath...
2,069 reviews
from US$148.10*
Best Seller
Harry Potter Tour of Warner Bros...
628 reviews
from US$100.10*
Cotswolds
Level Contributor
11,384 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: Heathrow Airport to Charing Cross Hospital.....help!

Assuming you were going to walk(or bus) from Hammersmith, then SOME of the National Express coaches heading for Victoria Coach station stop there. Just over half an hour

Alternatively get a 140 bus to Bath Road, an 81 to Hounslow West and an H91 to Hammersmith. Takes about 1.5 hours

If you play about with the TfL journey planner - omitting tube/rail travel - it will give quite a few options

Another (more expensive option) would be the Heathrow Express to Paddington and a 27 bus from there. About an hour

Edited: 31 January 2014, 09:40
London
Level Contributor
838 posts
23 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Heathrow Airport to Charing Cross Hospital.....help!

Or pre book a Mini-Cab

Pittenweem, United...
Level Contributor
4 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Heathrow Airport to Charing Cross Hospital.....help!

Thanks very much, that gives me a few options! Much appreciated!!

London
Destination Expert
for London
Level Contributor
21,368 posts
45 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Heathrow Airport to Charing Cross Hospital.....help!

Id' also keep an eye on the transport for London website. Sometimes these strikes get called off - often only the day before they are due to start. This one may well be if next week's isn't well supported or management put a revised offer to the unions.

Even if the strike does go ahead, some tube trains may still run. Not all workers are members of the union, and some that are may not support the strike and may decide to come into work. Management will operate limited services where it can, and I have known the Piccadilly Line to be operating between Heathrow and Hyde Park Corner on a strike day - if it is, you're laughing.

5. Re: Heathrow Airport to Charing Cross Hospital.....help!

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 02 February 2015, 06:20