We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

London Pass with Travel Card

Vancouver, BC
3 posts
Save Topic
London Pass with Travel Card

Hi,

I am buying the 6 london pass and I am wondering if the travel card is worth it. I am staying in Cricklewood which as far as I can tell is in zone three. Also, I plan on travelling to Windsor Castle. I will be on my own so the 2for1 deals do not apply. Any advice is most welcome.

Thanks!

Likely To Sell Out
Stonehenge, Windsor Castle and Bath...
5,260 reviews
from US$126.70*
Likely To Sell Out
Making of Harry Potter Round-Trip...
458 reviews
from US$105.30*
Stonehenge, Windsor Castle, Bath...
2,086 reviews
from US$149.40*
Special Offer
Luxury Paris Day Trip with Champagne...
464 reviews
from US$301.00*
US$334.40
Vancouver, Canada
Destination Expert
for London
Level Contributor
56,873 posts
14 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: London Pass with Travel Card

The travel option is definitely not worth it. A seven day Travelcard for zones 1 - 3 costs just £35.40. If you will fly to Heathrow then buy the Travelcard on arrival. It will be sold to you loaded on an Oyster card, to which you may add a bit of PAYG pre-pay to cover the excess fare from the airport in zone 6 to the boundary of zone 3.

You will need to buy a separate rail ticket for the trip from London Paddington to Windsor & Eton Central. Ask the station agent for a ticket from the boundary of zone 3 (as you will have paid for that with your Travelcard) to save a couple of pounds.

Vancouver, BC
3 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: London Pass with Travel Card

Thanks for the information. Very helpful!

Sydney, Australia
Level Contributor
11,123 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: London Pass with Travel Card

Before you even buy the London Pass, check your sums taking into consideration discounts you can get from www.smartsave.com/uk/things-to-do-in-london

You just need to print the vouchers out and hand them over. They are not linked to any travel card or ticket.

4. Re: London Pass with Travel Card

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 02 February 2015, 06:20