We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Travel from Heathrow to Notting Hill by BridgeStreet

Which London hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Manila, Philippines
Level Contributor
5 posts
56 reviews
Save Topic
Travel from Heathrow to Notting Hill by BridgeStreet

how do I get to this apartment located at 74-76 Princess Street Westminster W2 4NY. 3 adults with 3 luggage. Also from this apartment to King's Cross as we will take the train to Edinburgh. Is it a good location to stay for 4 nights and to see the sights and some shopping? Thank you.

Watford
Destination Expert
for London
Level Contributor
40,445 posts
44 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Travel from Heathrow to Notting Hill by BridgeStreet

I think you mean Prince's Square. If you could please post a link to the property you have booked then we can comment further. It may be this one - tripadvisor.co.uk/Hotel_Review-g186338-d1162…

Assuming the apartment is genuine then the area itself isn't bad with plenty of shops nearby in Queensway for your daily needs plus the department stores of Oxford Street just a short bus or tube ride away.

I would consider a pre booked car service for the journey from the airport and a taxi to get you to Kings Cross but if cost is a real issue then you can take the Piccadilly line from Heathrow and change across the platform at Hammersmith to take any District line service as far as Earls Court. Then change again across the platform for a District line train with a final destination of Edgware Road. Get off at Bayswater from where the apartment is a short walk.

Manila, Philippines
Level Contributor
5 posts
56 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Travel from Heathrow to Notting Hill by BridgeStreet

Yes, this is the place. I saw that the Heathrow express is at 63 pounds per person up to Paddington and with 3 of us travelling, what would be the price of a pre booked service all the way to Notting Hill? Any idea whats the texi fare from there to Kings Cross if we're catching an early train (8-9am)?

Appreciate the help :)

London, United...
Level Contributor
719 posts
98 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Travel from Heathrow to Notting Hill by BridgeStreet

The location is quite good, but I'm biased since I live 2 minutes walk from there. What you need to ask your self is what are the absolute most important things to have around you in walking distance? You can't be close to everything in London, you must reckon on some travelling wherever you base your self.

The absolute budget option for travel from Heathrow is catching the tube. You'd travel to Earls Court on the dark blue line from the airport, and change for the green line for Notting Hill Gate. The journey lasts for an hour-ish and I believe the cost is a few pounds per person. I've never once taken the Heathrow express, I only rely on the tube. To King's Cross, you'd take the tube again (red line) and change at Oxford Circus for the light blue line.

You can calculate your travel plans on tlf.gov.uk

Watford
Destination Expert
for London
Level Contributor
40,445 posts
44 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Travel from Heathrow to Notting Hill by BridgeStreet

The HEX is "only" £21 per person. The default amount is the total fee rather than per person. It's still though more expensive than a pre booked car service which should cost around £40-£45. Just make sure you book a car big enough for you and your luggage and be aware of any extra waiting charges.

The cost of a taxi from there to Kings Cross is harder to estimate as it would depend on traffic but I would guess between £15 and £20.

Lansing, Michigan
1 post
2 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Travel from Heathrow to Notting Hill by BridgeStreet

We used Hummingbird Airport Transfer service a few weeks ago and had a very good experience. You can get a price quote on their website and prepay using PayPal or credit card, plus they offer a Live Chat feature if you have questions. Nice clean cars, good drivers and prompt, reliable service, email confirmation.

6. Re: Travel from Heathrow to Notting Hill by BridgeStreet

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 05 February 2015, 06:18