We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Travel from edinburgh to dublin to lisbon.

Vancouver, Canada
1 post
Save Topic
Travel from edinburgh to dublin to lisbon.

We (my husband,my son and myself) are travelling to Europe this Aug. We want to go to Edinburgh, Dublin and then Lisbon Portugal and fly back to Vancouver from there. I am trying to work out cheap passage to all places as our budget is very limited. We have booked a flat in Edinburgh with my sister-in-law so that date (12-20of Aug) cannot change. We have the whole month of August so we can go to Dublin or Lisbon before or after Edinburgh. We have not booked flights yet. I'm not worried about flights to and from Europe but am more concerned about the travel to and from Edinburgh Dublin and Lisbon. Any ideas????

Likely To Sell Out
Stonehenge, Windsor Castle and Bath...
5,260 reviews
from US$126.90*
Likely To Sell Out
Making of Harry Potter Round-Trip...
457 reviews
from US$105.50*
Stonehenge, Windsor Castle, Bath...
2,086 reviews
from US$149.70*
Special Offer
Luxury Paris Day Trip with Champagne...
464 reviews
from US$301.60*
US$335.10
Ho Chi Minh City...
Level Contributor
1,394 posts
100 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Travel from edinburgh to dublin to lisbon.

You may want to ask this on the Dublin, Edinburgh, or Lisbon forums, or check www.kayak.com

Edited: 02 February 2014, 07:36
Vancouver, Canada
Destination Expert
for London
Level Contributor
56,873 posts
14 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Travel from edinburgh to dublin to lisbon.

Aer Lingus fly from EDI to DUB; book directly at the airline's website. EI also have one flight a day from DUB to LIS, with no change of plane needed. EDI to LIS will be a longer journey; BA fares are low, and with at least half a dozen flights a day from EDI to LHR and three flights from LHR to LIS that may be one to consider.

If you do decide to fly with BA from EDI through Heathrow, do ensure you allow enough time to connect, as the flight from Edinburgh will arrive at T5 but the flight to LIS depart from T3. Even with a through ticket (and your bags will be checked through), allow at least two hours between scheduled arrival and departure times to reduce potential aggravation.

For all flights, book directly with the carriers rather than with third party booking websites.

London, England...
Level Contributor
2,558 posts
118 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Travel from edinburgh to dublin to lisbon.

Why is this on the London forum?

Dingle, Ireland
Destination Expert
for Dingle
Level Contributor
12,705 posts
17 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Travel from edinburgh to dublin to lisbon.

Agree with David,

I get used to questions pertaining only to London being asked in the UK forum, and questions about England being in the London forum, but none of the places mentioned in this post are even in England, let alone London.

Suggest we report it and OP posts in the correct forums.

Edited: 02 February 2014, 11:22