We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Bayswater to Kings Cross/St. Pancras

Chicago, IL
Level Contributor
3,536 posts
112 reviews
Save Topic
Bayswater to Kings Cross/St. Pancras

I'm considering staying at a hotel near the Bayswater tube station, TFL says to take the Circle Line towards Aldgate East and there's no mention of a change, I just wanted to confirm that as I have a really early Eurostar departure. It's not until April. Thanks.

warrensburg,MO
Level Contributor
7,685 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: Bayswater to Kings Cross/St. Pancras

You will change at Edgware Road station. All Circle Line trains terminate there (and so do District Line trains which you can also use) then cross platforms for another Circle Line train or Hammersmith and City train to Kings Cross/St Pancras.

Bingley, United...
Destination Expert
for Edinburgh
Level Contributor
32,842 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Bayswater to Kings Cross/St. Pancras

< I have a really early Eurostar departure >

Which one - 05:40, 06:18 or 08:19 depending on day of the week

Edited: 02 February 2014, 21:47
Cotswolds
Level Contributor
11,381 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: Bayswater to Kings Cross/St. Pancras

It would appear a few early morning trains do not require the Edgware Road change but run through

They won't be early enough for the first Eurostar though

London & Paris
Level Contributor
3,080 posts
30 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Bayswater to Kings Cross/St. Pancras

"TFL says to take the Circle Line towards Aldgate East and there's no mention of a change"

There are some very early morning Circle Line trains that do go directly from Bayswater (eastbound platform) to King's Cross St Pancras without a change. The destination of those trains is actually Aldgate, not Aldgate East. This is different from the service that runs during most of the day, which involves a change at Edgware Road.

Just to make sure, could you tell us what day of the week you'll be travelling and which Eurostar train?

Chicago, IL
Level Contributor
3,536 posts
112 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Bayswater to Kings Cross/St. Pancras

I have a 7:01am departure on a Tuesday in April. There's a 5:08, 5:18 and 5:51 that don't require a change (I checked the 1st Tuesday in March since April isn't available), the other trains require a change. From previous visits I didn't remember being able to actually go in a circle on the circle line so I wanted to make sure I was reading it correctly.

Chicago, IL
Level Contributor
3,536 posts
112 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Bayswater to Kings Cross/St. Pancras

Yes, you're right, Aldgate, not Aldgate East. You've answered my question, thank you.

7. Re: Bayswater to Kings Cross/St. Pancras

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 04 February 2015, 06:18