We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.
Miami, Florida
Level Contributor
122 posts
1 review
Save Topic
Please, which Premier Inn should I book?

Hello everyone!

I'm in the process of making reservations for my first trip to London this April and after reading pages upon pages of truly great information, I've decided to go for a Premier Inn hotel for my stay.

I am traveling alone and I'm not sure which one is the best location to be close to attractions and in an area where I can feel comfortable moving around alone.

I hope someone can please share their opinion and advice, they have a few properties, they all fit my budget and have great reviews so it's only a matter of finding the best location for my situation since I'm not very familiar with the city areas.

Thank you very much for your input. I really need it!

These are the locations:

London County Hall

London Waterloo (Westminster Bridge)

London Blackfriars (Fleet Street)

London Leicester Square

London Southwark (Tate Modern)

London Euston

London Victoria

London Southwark (Borough Market)

London Kings Cross

London City (Monument)

Dunfermline, United...
Level Contributor
13,393 posts
39 reviews
Save Reply
11. Re: Please, which Premier Inn should I book?

I'd be tempted by the fairly new Blackfriars location. Easy run on the Underground (Piccadilly Line from Heathrow, simple cross platform change to the eastbound District Line to Blackfriars, all step-free as well) and easy walk to Covent Garden, Trafalgar Square and St Pauls Cathedral.

To get to King's Cross St Pancras, short walk to City Thameslink station on Ludgate Hill for the First Capital Connect train to St Pancras, or the number 63 bus from Farringdon Road

Level Contributor
3,423 posts
92 reviews
Save Reply
12. Re: Please, which Premier Inn should I book?

It depends how important being in walking distance of tourist areas is. Kings Cross is a reasonable area, probably cheaper and has excellent transport logistics. But it isn't that close to your main attractions, so you'll be using more public transport

London, United...
Level Contributor
3,587 posts
97 reviews
Save Reply
13. Re: Please, which Premier Inn should I book?

I would go for County Hall, have seen the hotel and its location is to die for.

Miami, Florida
Level Contributor
122 posts
1 review
Save Reply
14. Re: Please, which Premier Inn should I book?

I rather walk as much as possible and not use public transportation if it can be avoided, and would love to stay in a place that is "alive" at the risk of some noise. Some areas in cities turn into ghost towns after hours if they are mostly office buildings and I may be coming to the hotel late from tours & excursions.

I am using Google Street View to look around these hotels but so far I see very industrial looking buildings and main roads.

Edited: 03 February 2014, 20:49
Miami, Florida
Level Contributor
122 posts
1 review
Save Reply
15. Re: Please, which Premier Inn should I book?

Forgot to add that all your input is very appreciated, thanks for taking the time.

London, United...
Level Contributor
3,587 posts
97 reviews
Save Reply
16. Re: Please, which Premier Inn should I book?

The PI County Hall is in Westminster, within spitting distance of the houses of Parliament and Westminster Abbey, not far from The Mall and Buckingham Palace, just across the river from the London Eye, and from Westminster you can walk quite easily up to Trafalgar Square and up to Leicester Square, so hardly a quiet place and within walkable distance of many things.

btw have used Google street views when travelling abroad and all I ever seem to see are industrial buildings and roads, plus it never resembles the actual place when I get there, have now given up using this tool.

Edited: 03 February 2014, 21:17
NZ
Level Contributor
60 posts
53 reviews
Save Reply
17. Re: Please, which Premier Inn should I book?

PI Blackfriars is very central and the staff are brilliant.

County Dublin...
Level Contributor
27,948 posts
Save Reply
18. Re: Please, which Premier Inn should I book?

Another vote for Blackfriars.

Watford
Destination Expert
for London
Level Contributor
41,741 posts
51 reviews
Save Reply
19. Re: Please, which Premier Inn should I book?

Given your post #14 then Leicester Square is located in the most lively area. Not quite party central but people will be about at all hours with plenty of cinemas, theatres, restaurants and bars within spitting distance. The tube station is also on the Piccadilly line so change of line required when travelling from the airport or to St Pancras.

It s though normally the most expensive PI because of the central location.

Miami, Florida
Level Contributor
122 posts
1 review
Save Reply
20. Re: Please, which Premier Inn should I book?

Thank you all, I'm getting more familiar with the city's areas on a map which is going to make it easier to decide.

Thanks again for input.