We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Please, which Premier Inn should I book?

Miami, Florida
Level Contributor
122 posts
1 review
Save Topic
Please, which Premier Inn should I book?

Hello everyone!

I'm in the process of making reservations for my first trip to London this April and after reading pages upon pages of truly great information, I've decided to go for a Premier Inn hotel for my stay.

I am traveling alone and I'm not sure which one is the best location to be close to attractions and in an area where I can feel comfortable moving around alone.

I hope someone can please share their opinion and advice, they have a few properties, they all fit my budget and have great reviews so it's only a matter of finding the best location for my situation since I'm not very familiar with the city areas.

Thank you very much for your input. I really need it!

These are the locations:

London County Hall

London Waterloo (Westminster Bridge)

London Blackfriars (Fleet Street)

London Leicester Square

London Southwark (Tate Modern)

London Euston

London Victoria

London Southwark (Borough Market)

London Kings Cross

London City (Monument)

County Dublin...
Level Contributor
26,490 posts
Save Reply
21. Re: Please, which Premier Inn should I book?

You're welcome.

Come and enjoy.

Nashville, Tennessee
Level Contributor
12 posts
17 reviews
Save Reply
22. Re: Please, which Premier Inn should I book?

Agree with post 19- Leicester Square, final answer. If the price difference, doesn't matter that is. Lively area (SoHo, Covent Garden) with great options for food, drink, books, shops, people.....

London & Paris
Level Contributor
3,050 posts
30 reviews
Save Reply
23. Re: Please, which Premier Inn should I book?

Post 16: "The PI County Hall is in Westminster, within spitting distance of the houses of Parliament and Westminster Abbey, not far from The Mall and Buckingham Palace, just across the river from the London Eye."

You must be thinking of another hotel, Monroeessex. PI County Hall is in the old County Hall building on the South Bank, in Lambeth, on the same side of the river as the London Eye, and just across the river from Westminster.

Re you other comment about Google Street View, perhaps you used it for a country which has very little coverage. Street View is extremely comprehensive for the UK, and well worth using.

Independence, Kansas
Level Contributor
1,879 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
24. Re: Please, which Premier Inn should I book?

If you are looking for bargains, www.travelodge.co.uk just announced rooms for 25 GBP in April. We booked two rooms for 30 GBP and a third for 51 GBP just prior to Easter. We like to stay at Marleybone Travel Lodge since across the street is the Marleybone tube and rail station that gets us anywhere. Register on their website and take a look at the various locations across London. We had booked at the Premier Inn Waterloo Westminster Bridge, a nice area just across the Thames from the tourist sights in central London. However we saved nearly $300 by booking the saver rooms with travelodge. Just a thought.

Dallas, Texas
Level Contributor
2,301 posts
Save Reply
25. Re: Please, which Premier Inn should I book?

Read the reviews and look at the photos before booking some of the Travelodges (some are better than others): tripadvisor.com/Hotel_Review-g186338-d603841…

Miami, Florida
Level Contributor
122 posts
1 review
Save Reply
26. Re: Please, which Premier Inn should I book?

Thank you guys for taking the time to give me your advice/info.

Just found out at work that I won't be able to take off until September so I'll come back and check again.

Illinois
Level Contributor
16,786 posts
16 reviews
Save Reply
27. Re: Please, which Premier Inn should I book?

Sept won't matter as far as location compared to April. Sept is one of my favorite months to travel to the UK (after June, maybe).

Bristol, United...
Level Contributor
361 posts
28 reviews
Save Reply
28. Re: Please, which Premier Inn should I book?

We have stayed at the County Hall twice & had a fantastic time on both occasions. The Hotel is next to the London Eye (request a room overlooking it) & the River Thames, so you could go on a boat trip, go to a concert at the Royal Festival Hall or just go sightseeing on foot. Perfectly safe day or night.

29. Re: Please, which Premier Inn should I book?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 13 February 2015, 05:19