We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Best way to get to Highclere Castle from Earls Court Station

Vancouver, Canada
Level Contributor
747 posts
78 reviews
Save Topic
Best way to get to Highclere Castle from Earls Court Station

I got my tickets today for mid-August. We're staying near the Earls Court tube station. What's the best way to get there on national rail? Thanks in advance!

Sydney, Australia
Level Contributor
11,123 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: Best way to get to Highclere Castle from Earls Court Station

Transport information is on the Highclere website. See highclerecastle.co.uk/visiting-us/planning-y…

London
Destination Expert
for London
Level Contributor
20,411 posts
45 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Best way to get to Highclere Castle from Earls Court Station

Underground to Paddington, First Great Western train to Newbury (having, of course, checked a few days earlier that weekend engineering work is not going to disrupt the journey), taxi from Newbury Station.

An off-peak day return London Paddington - Newbury is £23.10 per adult, there are no 'advance' fares for this journey. You can buy on the day at the station or a few days ahead if you want to avoid potential queues on the day. Direct trains run hourly.

Taxis are readily available at Newbury Station. You can either ask the driver to wait, book your return journey at the same time or ask for a number to call.

www.firstgreatwestern.co.uk

Edited: 04 February 2014, 11:18
Vancouver, Canada
Level Contributor
747 posts
78 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Best way to get to Highclere Castle from Earls Court Station

Thanks so much, wirewiper! That's the kind of detail I needed.

4. Re: Best way to get to Highclere Castle from Earls Court Station

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 09 February 2015, 05:22