We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Getting to Heathrow before 7am from Central London

Manama, Bahrain
Level Contributor
15 posts
Save Topic
Getting to Heathrow before 7am from Central London

Hi people,

I've tentatively booked at a hotel at the junction of Oxford Street and Tottenham Court Road.

I have a flight from Heathrow Terminal 5 at 10:25am, and I'd like to reach there as early as possible, so I could wander and eat breakfast and maybe some shopping.

What would be the best/cheapest way to get to there? I see there's a direct tube from Piccadilly Circus (PC) to Terminal 5. Would it be a problem to get to PC at 5:30am from Oxford Street/Tottenham Court Road? What is the best way?

Is there any other not-too-expensive hotel closer to PC?

Any response is welcome. Thanks a lot.

London
Destination Expert
for Thirassia, Fira
Level Contributor
13,958 posts
16 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Getting to Heathrow before 7am from Central London

You can use the Journey Planner on the TfL site: www.tfl.gov.uk

As for TCR & Oxford Street. Hopefully you won't hear construction noise from Crossrail overnight. But that will depend on where your accommodation is.

Manchester, United...
Level Contributor
68 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Getting to Heathrow before 7am from Central London

Cheapest/best/cheapest was to get there is the tube. The best stations from the junction of Tottenham Court Road and Oxford Street would be Holborn or Leicester Square, these are on the Piccadilly Line and will take you direct to Heathrow T5.

The first train will depend on which day of week. On a weekday the first train from Leicester Square is at 0545 arrive Heathrow T5 at 0640, for example.

Here's the list of first and last trains on the Piccadilly line:

tfl.gov.uk/assets/…first-last-piccadilly.pdf

Crawley, United...
Level Contributor
217 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Getting to Heathrow before 7am from Central London

Yes, cheapest and also quite quick Tubes at that time of the day ,most of tubes are start runing at 05:30am

London & Paris
Level Contributor
3,023 posts
29 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Getting to Heathrow before 7am from Central London

Leicester Square is the nearest station on the Piccadilly Line which will take you to Heathrow T5. You can walk there from the Oxford Street/Tottenham Court Road junction in about 10 minutes, or take a bus from stop S in St Giles High Street, or take a Northern Line tube train from Tottenham Court Road to Leicester Square.

The first train from Leicester Square to T5 leaves at 05:45 and arrives at 06:39. You would need to walk or tale a bus to ctach that train.

The first all-tube journey on Monday to Friday would leave TCR at 05:58, connecting with the 06:06 from Leicester Square which arrives at T5 at 07:00.

Manama, Bahrain
Level Contributor
15 posts
Save Reply
5. Re: Getting to Heathrow before 7am from Central London

I've booked at St Giles for three nights... apparently it's close to Tottenham Court Junction. I should be able to take a cab from the hotel to Piccadilly Circus at 5:30am in order to catch a direct tube to Terminal 5?

Thank you.

Manchester, United...
Level Contributor
68 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Getting to Heathrow before 7am from Central London

You could catch a cab from your hotel to Piccadilly circus, but if you want to catch a cab go to Leicester Square station or Holborn station which are also on the Piccadilly Line and closer than Piccadilly Circus.

7. Re: Getting to Heathrow before 7am from Central London

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 06 February 2015, 07:18