We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Help!!!Made a stupid mistake while making a EUROSTAR booking

London, United...
Level Contributor
1 post
1 review
Save Topic
Help!!!Made a stupid mistake while making a EUROSTAR booking

I just purchased two return nonrefundable EUROSTAT tickets(LONDON TO PARIS) for my mum and I. And I noticed I made a mistake! I was intended to buy a youth ticket for me and an adult ticket for my mum, but when I input the name, I put my mum's name in the youth column and mine in the adult column...Now I have tickets saying youth under the name of my mum...

What do I need to do now? call the customer service? I am not sure if they will help me change it because my tickets are nonrefundable.

Anyone knows if they really check whether you are a youth person when boarding?

Thanks!

Sydney, Australia
Level Contributor
11,123 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: Help!!!Made a stupid mistake while making a EUROSTAR booking

While I doubt there would be a problem, I would call customer service, explain the situation and take direction from them.

I admit I am somewhat confused - did you really join TA today in order to ask this question? Didn't it occur to you to call the people who you bought the ticket from?

warrensburg,MO
Level Contributor
7,685 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Help!!!Made a stupid mistake while making a EUROSTAR booking

You will be fine. They don't check tickets, as long as the date and time is correct then the ticket will open up the barriers and let you in. Any more in depth study of your ticket at any point (although this is rare) will mean you coming clean and being honest, and they will still let you travel!! I have successfully travelled on Eurostar on tickets bought for someone else on numerous occasions.

Kingston-upon-Hull...
Level Contributor
503 posts
38 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Help!!!Made a stupid mistake while making a EUROSTAR booking

Wouldn't worry too much,you hand over the youth one and your mum the adult,Doubt they will check the names

Dallas, Texas
Level Contributor
3,886 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: Help!!!Made a stupid mistake while making a EUROSTAR booking

When I rode Eurostar, no one ever attempted to match my ticket to me or my passport/ID after passing through the automated barrier gates.

London
Level Contributor
1,292 posts
22 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Help!!!Made a stupid mistake while making a EUROSTAR booking

I shouldn't worry - you have the correct types of ticket between you and the machine checkers aren't able to 'see' you

London
Destination Expert
for London
Level Contributor
20,046 posts
44 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Help!!!Made a stupid mistake while making a EUROSTAR booking

>>> Didn't it occur to you to call the people who you bought the ticket from? <<<

Mez, don't forget that some people regard speaking to a live human being for assistance as an admission of failure ;-)

London
Level Contributor
317 posts
39 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Help!!!Made a stupid mistake while making a EUROSTAR booking

I think its a simple mistake, writing one name on the wrong ticket. Could happen to anyone in a rush.

8. Re: Help!!!Made a stupid mistake while making a EUROSTAR booking

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12 February 2015, 05:20