We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Looking for reviews on Holiday Lettings Ltd.

Which London hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Brampton, Canada
10 posts
Save Topic
Looking for reviews on Holiday Lettings Ltd.

I've been searching websites for an apartment rental in central London. I have come across a website that has an apartment that I want to rent for a week while in London. I've been in contact with someone from the website to get rate and apartment information. The person that I have been dealing with has been helpful.

My concern is that this is not a large scale website and how can I know if this is a legit website.

The website I'd like to book with is holidaylettingsltd.com, not to be confused with holidayletting.co.uk which I have heard some bad reviews about.

If anyone has booked with holidaylettingsltd.com please provide some feedback if this is a trusted site.

Londinium born and...
Level Contributor
4,150 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: Looking for reviews on Holiday Lettings Ltd.

Do you have a link for the actual apartment?

Edit. Is this who you've been dealing with?

http://holidaylettingsltd.com/index.html

If so, it's an obvious scam website.

I hope you haven't transferred any money.

Edited: 07 February 2014, 01:14
Londinium born and...
Level Contributor
4,150 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Looking for reviews on Holiday Lettings Ltd.

For future information, this is another website, almost identical, that the scammer uses the same number for.

http://london-city-holiday-flat.net/FAQs.html

Holidaylettings.co.uk, is a mainly reputable company, so not sure why you'd think they aren't.

Try looking on VRBO and if you find something, please check back here.

Brampton, Canada
10 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: Looking for reviews on Holiday Lettings Ltd.

this is the link to the actual property I am looking to rent

holidaylettingsltd.com/Mayfair%20Apt%202.html

I see now that they have 2 identical sites with different names. I was hesitating booking until I could investigate it further, I haven't booked it, thank god. Thanks for your help.

Londinium born and...
Level Contributor
4,150 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: Looking for reviews on Holiday Lettings Ltd.

If you're asked to send money by bank transfer, or western union and offered no other payment method, it's usually a scammer.

If you'd like references to genuine flats then please post your dates, how many in your party and budget and you'll get a lot of helpful suggestions here.

Melbourne
Level Contributor
2,108 posts
1 review
Save Reply
5. Re: Looking for reviews on Holiday Lettings Ltd.

In case you (or anyone else) needs to be convinced, the Belgravia "apartment" listed here: holidaylettingsltd.com/Belgravia%20Apt.html and here: london-city-holiday-flat.net/…20Apt.html and described like an apartment or an hotel:

"General Facilities

24 Hour Reception Air Conditioning Airport Transfers Bar Breakfast Room + Car Parking + Concierge Facility Internet Access Laundry Room On Site (Complimentary use of washers and dryers) Laundry Service + Linen Change Luggage Room Maid Service/Housekeeping Restaurant Secure Entry System Security

Apartment Facilities

Baby Cots Available Bathroom Products Dining Table and Chairs DVD Player Electric Fans on Request Electric Hob/Oven (On request) Full Kitchen Full PC Facilities Hairdryer High Chairs Available In-room Safe Internet Access + Internet Access through TV Ironing Facilities Kitchenette Microwave Pamper Pack (Includes bathrobe and slippers -additional cost) Refrigerator Telephone TV Work Desks"

One assumes they ripped that description from a genuine hotel website, and it actually makes amusing reading since they have removed all the commas. So we have "High Chairs Available In-Room" - probably more useful than if they're in the street - and "Safe Internet Access", and, my personal favourite, "TV Ironing Facilities". How can I get the TV to do MY ironing? Or is it that facilities that let you iron the TV?

Anyway, the point is that this property is not an apartment, it's a house and it's currently for sale (listed here: primelocation.com/for-sale/details/31216236 ) for 6.25 million GBP.

They were selective about which photographs they stole, none of the exterior shots included, no surprise there. I can't stand scumbags like this, they're counting on honest people not realising what sort of ar$ehole$ there are out there.

Melbourne
Level Contributor
2,108 posts
1 review
Save Reply
6. Re: Looking for reviews on Holiday Lettings Ltd.

Traveller, I LOVE that you checked here first, so many people don't do that and there's just nothing they can do after they have sent their hard-earned to these ba$tard$. Props to you, your BS-o-meter must be well-tuned.

Brampton, Canada
10 posts
Save Reply
7. Re: Looking for reviews on Holiday Lettings Ltd.

I'm looking for an apartment to rent for check in on May 10th and check out on May 16th, 2 people, prefer a 2 bedroom but a one bedroom with sofa bed is an option.

I'm looking to stay in the Marble Arch area/Mayfair. I was originally looking at Trafalgar Square which is still an option.

Any suggestions?

Brampton, Canada
10 posts
Save Reply
8. Re: Looking for reviews on Holiday Lettings Ltd.

I've rented an vacation home in Florida every year for the last 6 years and never had any concerns or issues with booking and never had a problem.

But when doing my search for London I've come across many new rental websites I've never seen so it's hard to know which are legit. I'm glad I've checked her, very helpful tips.

Brampton, Canada
10 posts
Save Reply
9. Re: Looking for reviews on Holiday Lettings Ltd.

What about this site and this apartment? Do they appear to be legit?

https:/…

Brampton, Canada
10 posts
Save Reply
10. Re: Looking for reviews on Holiday Lettings Ltd.

How can you tell if a website is a scam? You were able to tell right away, what's do you look for?