We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Westfield Shopping Centre to Embankment or Charing Cross

Sun City, Arizona
Level Contributor
15 posts
156 reviews
Save Topic
Westfield Shopping Centre to Embankment or Charing Cross

We have some friends we will be dropping off at Westfield and from there they plan to take the tube to either Embankment or Charing Cross, both of which are near the hotel they are staying at for a few days. I see there are a number of stations near Westfield but don't know which one would provide the best/easiest access to where they need to go. I would really appreciate any help from the experts.

Watford
Destination Expert
for London
Level Contributor
41,151 posts
44 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Westfield Shopping Centre to Embankment or Charing Cross

I assume you mean Westfield Shepherds Bush as that mall does indeed have a couple of stations close by unlike Stratford which has...Stratford and Stratford International.

I would probably take the Central line from Shepherds Bush and change at Oxford Circus to the Bakerloo line.

Sun City, Arizona
Level Contributor
15 posts
156 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Westfield Shopping Centre to Embankment or Charing Cross

Thank you "adamhornets" for your quick response. Yes, you are correct that we are talking about Westfield Shepherd's Bush. We figured we could get there reasonably easy from Newbury where we are staying, the shopping centre has parking available, and we can agree to meet somewhere in the mall area. Checked bus and train from Newbury and the prices were way too expensive.

London
Destination Expert
for London
Level Contributor
20,047 posts
44 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Westfield Shopping Centre to Embankment or Charing Cross

>>> Checked [..] train from Newbury and the prices were way too expensive. <<<

What, even off-peak using Groupsave?

London, United...
Level Contributor
1,334 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Westfield Shopping Centre to Embankment or Charing Cross

In OP, friends are being dropped off at Westfield. In reply 2, the friends are being met at Westfield. I'm confused!

Sun City, Arizona
Level Contributor
15 posts
156 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Westfield Shopping Centre to Embankment or Charing Cross

Myrtle_Villa, Picked up and dropped off at Westfield. Sorry for the confusion. Wirewiper, had to look up Groupsave because I wasn't familiar with it. There are only two people traveling so doesn't appear to apply this time but will keep it in mind for the future.

London, United...
Level Contributor
155 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Westfield Shopping Centre to Embankment or Charing Cross

Note that if they are using the Bakerloo line they will not be able to get off at Embankment as the station is closed to Northern and Bakerloo line trains due to escalator upgrade works. The best bet would be to get off at Charing Cross, there's hardly any distance between them.

London
Destination Expert
for London
Level Contributor
20,047 posts
44 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Westfield Shopping Centre to Embankment or Charing Cross

Two off-peak returns Newbury to London cost a total of £67.00.

What's it costing you in petrol to make what (if I'm following this correctly) are two completely unnecessary round trips from Newbury to Shepherd's Bush and back? Not to mention your time.

Edited: 08 February 2014, 18:24
8. Re: Westfield Shopping Centre to Embankment or Charing Cross

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 10 February 2015, 06:17