We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Want to stay near fruit/veggie market in London

Level Contributor
220 posts
Save Topic
Want to stay near fruit/veggie market in London

Hello, we're spending a week in London and would like to stay near a market where there's fresh fruit and vegetables. Both my parents are vegetarians. There'll be four adults total. Are there self-catering apartments you'd recommend? Maybe in the National Gallery or St Paul's Cathedral area? We'll use buses as our main mode of transport. Thanks in advance.

Lewes, United...
Destination Expert
for Road Trips
Level Contributor
20,441 posts
38 reviews
Save Reply
11. Re: Want to stay near fruit/veggie market in London

I've been in a flat above Bill's. Not to be recommended! ;-)

The OP has posted on the road trips forum. I'm not entirely sure of what the concerns are for accessing fresh fruit and veg from just markets, but I think it's because at home they are used to shopping frequently, and from local street markets. I've already explained on the other topic that genuinely vegetarian food (as long as the vegetarians will eat a broader range of food than just Oriental) is easy enough to find in the UK, even in fast food outlets. Very few places available to rent to tourists in London are likely to be far from a corner shop or branch of a large chain convenience store. It would be better to be well located for convenience to what the main reasons to be in London are.

SWT

Chicago, Illinois
Level Contributor
5,668 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
12. Re: Want to stay near fruit/veggie market in London

Any one of these

http://www.lfm.org.uk/markets-home/

I hear "Farmer Giles" has been doing well in this cold damp weather.

Level Contributor
220 posts
Save Reply
13. Re: Want to stay near fruit/veggie market in London

Thank you all so much for your response! We won't make fruit/veggie markets a consideration then. But I'll do more research on the places you mentioned and see if those neighborhoods may suit our needs.

SWT is right on. In Taiwan where I come from, we buy our groceries twice or so a week, not from a supermarket but from a "wet market." But supermarkets it is in London then. Thanks! :)

14. Re: Want to stay near fruit/veggie market in London

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 10 February 2015, 06:17