We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

How to get from Kings cross to tower bridge???

Which London hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Leeds
Level Contributor
71 posts
Save Topic
How to get from Kings cross to tower bridge???

Arriving in the morning and first thing I want to see is tower bridge as that is furthest away from all the otjer things I want to see so then going to work our way bk. What bus or tube would take me closest to tower bridge from as near to kings cross as possible. Somebody mentioned No.17 bus but not sure if this is right. Any help is much appreciated :-)

England, United...
Level Contributor
4,740 posts
37 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: How to get from Kings cross to tower bridge???

Northern from Kings Cross/St.Pancras (twinned station) straight through to Tower Bridge (about 12 mins.)

Vancouver, Canada
Destination Expert
for London
Level Contributor
54,911 posts
15 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: How to get from Kings cross to tower bridge???

The number 17 will take you from Caledonian Road (stop H) to St Paul's, from where you would need to change to the number 15 to the Tower. tfl.gov.uk/gettingaround/maps/buses/pdf/king… and tfl.gov.uk/gettingaround/maps/buses/pdf/st-p… (stops SK or ME). The 15 will take you to Tower Hill (and Tower Bridge). tfl.gov.uk/gettingaround/maps/buses/pdf/towe…

The 17 can be a bit pokey; the other option is to take the 205 from KX to St Botolph Street behind Aldgate station then walk along Mansell Street or the Minories to Tower Bridge: tfl.gov.uk/gettingaround/maps/buses/pdf/aldg…

If you would like to travel towards the South Bank , Waterloo and London Eye areas, the RV1 from Tower Gateway will take you there; it's also handy from the Eye back across the river to the Aldwych.

The Northern line from KX runs to London Bridge, not Tower Bridge. If you do take the Underground, you may then take the RV1 to or across Tower Bridge: tfl.gov.uk/gettingaround/…london-bridge.pdf

Edited: 08 February 2014, 23:08
Dunfermline, United...
Level Contributor
13,068 posts
38 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: How to get from Kings cross to tower bridge???

Circle, not Northern Line in post#1, from Kings Cross to Tower Hill

England, United...
Level Contributor
4,740 posts
37 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: How to get from Kings cross to tower bridge???

Apologies!

Leeds
Level Contributor
71 posts
Save Reply
5. Re: How to get from Kings cross to tower bridge???

Thanks for the help.....we got on the circle line, then walked back to see the sights, london eye, big ben, Westminster. We were shattered by the end of the day.

england
Level Contributor
153 posts
54 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: How to get from Kings cross to tower bridge???

😳 i bet you were , i also visited tower bridge yesterday morning had 2 for 1 voucher then got tube to westminster walked to buckingham palace then through green park on to piccadilly 😀

7. Re: How to get from Kings cross to tower bridge???

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12 February 2015, 05:21