We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Lunch after the NPG

Which London hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
England, United...
Destination Expert
for Air Travel
Level Contributor
4,841 posts
157 reviews
Save Topic
Lunch after the NPG

Going to the David Baily exhibition on Tuesday at the National Portrait Gallery and and wanting to know if anyone can recommend a decent British/French eatery for lunch that is near or easy to get to in the area.

I was going to go to The Square but the menus of late have not tickled my fancy, so that gives an indication perhaps of the type of place (or cheaper) for a good set lunch. The top floor restaurant at the gallery gets very mixed reviews.

Any suggestions would be appreciated, thanks

England, United...
Destination Expert
for Air Travel
Level Contributor
4,841 posts
157 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Lunch after the NPG

Oh dear, it would help if I spelt Mr Baileys name correctly...

London
Destination Expert
for Thirassia, Fira
Level Contributor
13,198 posts
16 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Lunch after the NPG

For French, I recommend Brasserie Zedel, which is a few minutes walk away just off Piccadilly Circus. www.brasseriezedel.com

York, United Kingdom
Level Contributor
963 posts
74 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Lunch after the NPG

For French, perhaps L'Atelier de Joel Robuchon on West St, Gauthier Soho (on Romilly St) or Quo Vadis; for British what about Hawksmoor?

England, United...
Destination Expert
for Air Travel
Level Contributor
4,841 posts
157 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Lunch after the NPG

Thanks to you both for suggestions, will have a look at them all.

5. Re: Lunch after the NPG

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 11 February 2015, 06:19