We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

6 to 10 hrs free time near lhr

Santa Clara...
Level Contributor
8 posts
1 review
Save Topic
6 to 10 hrs free time near lhr

Greetings. I am staying @ the lhr Marriott 7/25. My flight is @ 9pm, assuming I can get late check out, I still have 5 to 7 hrs before I need to be @ lhr. any suggestions?

Essex
Level Contributor
28,568 posts
69 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: 6 to 10 hrs free time near lhr

Suggestions for what, please and thank you....

London
Destination Expert
for Thirassia, Fira
Level Contributor
14,617 posts
18 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: 6 to 10 hrs free time near lhr

Windsor.

Santa Clara...
Level Contributor
8 posts
1 review
Save Reply
3. Re: 6 to 10 hrs free time near lhr

Please and thank you

Santa Clara...
Level Contributor
8 posts
1 review
Save Reply
4. Re: 6 to 10 hrs free time near lhr

thank you

U.S. expats
Destination Expert
for Windsor, London, Dry Tortugas National Park
Level Contributor
20,173 posts
208 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: 6 to 10 hrs free time near lhr

Can you please explain a bit more about your plan?

You say you have 5-7 hours if you can get a late check out. You need to be at Heathrow by 6. Moving backwards 7 hours from that time is 1:00 pm. Will you be attempting all your sightseeing before then? Checking out and having them hold your bags? (if so, why the late check out?)

Whatever you do, you cannot take your luggage with you to Windsor, if that is where you decide to go. There is no storage for it anywhere in or near Windsor, and you will not be allowed on Castle grounds with it.

There are some cab companies that will mind your luggage, for a fee, if you feel happy about that arrangement.

Can you please explain a bit more about your schedule?

Cardiff, United...
Destination Expert
for Cardiff
Level Contributor
8,119 posts
64 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: 6 to 10 hrs free time near lhr

Main suggestion would be don't stay overnight at Heathrow when your flight isn't until late the next evening.

From where and how are you arriving at Heathrow, and what will you have been doing prior to this?

UK
Level Contributor
49,560 posts
92 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: 6 to 10 hrs free time near lhr

What corncob says.

warrensburg,MO
Level Contributor
7,685 posts
Save Reply
8. Re: 6 to 10 hrs free time near lhr

From what I can gather from the OP's rather brusque message is that they want to stay in the hotel until they are finally kicked out around lunchtime and want to know what to do until 6pm or thereabouts.

UK
Level Contributor
49,560 posts
92 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: 6 to 10 hrs free time near lhr

Quite possibly henneth, but in that case they haven't thought it through as they would likely be better off leaving earlier so sightseeing isn't so rushed, and/or not being at that particular hotel in the first place :-)

London
Destination Expert
for London
Level Contributor
21,044 posts
45 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: 6 to 10 hrs free time near lhr

Some people don't do "think it through", which is why you get these garbled streams-of-consciousness messages that only actually make sense to the OP.