We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

apartment for family of 5

Which London hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Melbourne
Level Contributor
17 posts
11 reviews
Save Topic
apartment for family of 5

I am looking to book an apartment for 5 (2 adults, kids aged 6,10,13) for 4 nights in late June. At the risk of sounding too vague, I would welcome some suggestions on areas I should focus my attention - I am thinking that proximity to tube is a key. It's been a long time since I've been in London and can;t remember any details about areas/tube lines etc.

The kids have never been to London so we will likely be doing the major tourist sites.

Any suggestions appreciated.

Thanks in advance

UK
Level Contributor
49,561 posts
92 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: apartment for family of 5

Any suggestions appreciated.

------------

Buy the Eyewitness London guidebook.

Ottawa, Ontario
Level Contributor
1,642 posts
23 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: apartment for family of 5

We looked into apartments and in the end, decided to book at the Citadines Trafalgar Prestige. Its an aparthotel with laundry in the building, but not in the room. Its very central. There are a few aparthotels centralized like this including Club Quarters and the Grand at Trafalgar (which are right next to each other).

TexScott has a great list of apartments and reliable rental agencies. I'm sure he'll pop in. You may have a problem with only a 4 day rental though.

Melbourne
Level Contributor
17 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: apartment for family of 5

thanks very much - checked them out but unfotunately all full for that time - clearly left things way too late!! Thanks for the tip re TexScott's list - am working my way through that.

Northern Ireland
Level Contributor
76 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: apartment for family of 5

Hi

We have booked the following for a family of 5. it is a 2 bedroom apartment which can have an extra bed added which we don't want. They are serviced apartments.

think-apartments.com/locations/earls-court/

We are going on Thursday 13th Feb for 4 nights - can let you know what they are like. Plenty of reviews on trip advisor on them already.

They also have other locations.

Northern Ireland
Level Contributor
76 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: apartment for family of 5

hi

Used the THINK apartments at Earls Court. Very clean and the service from staff is excellent.

When we arrived at 2.45 our apartment was ready and it was at the back in a quiet area as we had requested. The living room was small but had everything in it. We knew we would not be in the apartment much except to sleep. Reception contacted us to check everything was alright and my wife mentioned the living room was smaller than we had imagined. We thought no more about it and then there was a knock on the door. One of the reception people arrived with the keys of a bigger room which was towards the front and we could take a look. It was bigger and we agreed to move to there even though there was a chance of it been a bit noisier. This was all done within 1 hour of arriving.

It turned out that any noise we heard was general city life - did not affect us at all.

The apartment is about 5 - 7 minute walk to earls court tube station and there is the no 74 bus from Cromwell road (about 2 mins walk from the front door of THINK) which takes you to South Kensington for museums.

There is the 24 hour tesco beside the apartments which is useful.

All in all I believe this apartment is good value for money and would use it again

6. Re: apartment for family of 5

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 20 February 2015, 06:19