We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Gatwick to Southwark Underground station

Capetown
Level Contributor
103 posts
17 reviews
Save Topic
Gatwick to Southwark Underground station

Hi

We will arrive at Gatwick on a Sunday afternoon at 15:00. We must go to Short Street near The Cut. I'm not sure if this is in Waterloo or Southwark, but I know Southwark underground is near. Can you please advise me on the best way to travel and what the cost would be. I thought we should take the Gatwick express to Victoria station and from there the underground...? Please help?!

Capetown
Level Contributor
103 posts
17 reviews
Save Reply
21. Re: Gatwick to Southwark Underground station

Thanks, I will look into this!

Kent, UK
Level Contributor
7,175 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
22. Re: Gatwick to Southwark Underground station

I can confirm that there is an exit from the Waterloo East platforms leading so Southwark Tube station, as shown on this station plan: nationalrail.co.uk/SME/…

Edited: 12 February 2014, 09:41
Capetown
Level Contributor
103 posts
17 reviews
Save Reply
23. Re: Gatwick to Southwark Underground station

Another question...is it doable to be at Heathrow by 5:30 on the day of departure? That is from Waterloo station or from London Bridge station? I guess we should try to find alternative flights?

Edited: 12 February 2014, 17:57
Dallas, Texas
Level Contributor
2,301 posts
Save Reply
24. Re: Gatwick to Southwark Underground station

Not via the tube that early. A pre-booked car service would work (about £45-£50 for a party of four).

25. Re: Gatwick to Southwark Underground station

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 14 February 2015, 05:29