We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

last night of the proms 2014

Hilleroed
Level Contributor
99 posts
2 reviews
Save Topic
last night of the proms 2014

Hello friends on talf.

Have i understood it right that last night of the proms will be on the 13th september.and will i be able to buy tickets for hyde park if i dont get tickets for royal albert hall.

Has anyone been to this event in hyde park.how many people and how is the atmosphere.

I would love to be either in royal albert or hyde park singing god save our queen or land of hope and glory.

london
Level Contributor
582 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: last night of the proms 2014

The atmosphere in the park is great. Loads of live music prior to the start of the proms, starting with good tribute acts ( Bjorn Again or BootlegBeatles and then excellent headliners. Off the top of my head I can remember Lionel Ritchie, Kylie, Neil Sedaka in previous years.

I don't know the size of the audience but it's in the 10s of thousands. There are food stands and places to buy drinks but most people bring picnics( m&s marble arch does a roaring trade. Very friendly atmosphere with large groups of friends and family getting together to have a good time

Only down sides, there can be long queues for the (clean) loos, and being mid September you can't guarantee the weather and it gets old in the evening.

A great fun day out

Hilleroed
Level Contributor
99 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: last night of the proms 2014

Thanks for the reply.but how about tickets,will i be able to get one,i will be ready to buy one when they go sale

London
Level Contributor
2,911 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: last night of the proms 2014

Details of how to obtain tickets for the Last Night of the Proms at the Royal Albert Hall can be found here: www.bbc.co.uk/proms/features/last-night

The two experiences are obviously very different. It is up to you to decide which you think you would be more likely to enjoy.

london
Level Contributor
582 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: last night of the proms 2014

Tickets to the actual proms ie in the Royal Albert Hall will be hard to come by. We have never had any problems getting tickets to Hyde Park but we do buy early as there are so many of use going.

As has been said the 2 experiences are different, the Royal Albert Hall is more traditional whilst the park is much more relaxed. It is also a longer experience, starting mid afternoon.

Southampton
Level Contributor
4,246 posts
25 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: last night of the proms 2014

You have to go prepared for Proms in the Park. British people take folding chairs, picnic rugs, enough food and drink for an army, umbrella, waterproof coat, warm jumper, sun hat, sunscream, sunglasses. Turn up hours early to get a good spot and sit it out. Don't be the one with only a plastic poncho between you and the elements (think of it as survival training. The next level is the Wimbledon queue).

Malvern, England...
Level Contributor
2 posts
19 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: last night of the proms 2014

I've been to Hyde Park for the last three years and its a great atmosphere. My whole family gets together and we take a picnic with us. At 10pm when we join live with the Albert Hall everyone is simply up on their feet singing and dancing. Nothing can beat the family atmosphere amongst such a large crowd.

London
Level Contributor
1,292 posts
22 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: last night of the proms 2014

<<< if i dont get tickets for royal albert hall. >>>>

Chances of getting a ticket for the Last Night in the Albert Hall are vanishingly small - 'The majority of tickets for the Last Night of the Proms will be allocated by ballot to customers who have bought tickets to at least five other Proms concerts at the Royal Albert Hall. A further 200 tickets are allocated by the Open Ballot' - so you might as well plan for the Prom in the Park

Solihull
Level Contributor
4,052 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: last night of the proms 2014

Yes, to limit those people who JUST try to go to the Last Night of the Proms in the Albert Hall they require you have attended other prom concerts in the same season.

The chance of getting a ticket for JUST the last night if you have attended no other concerts is very low.

England
Level Contributor
1 post
4 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: last night of the proms 2014

Absolutely amazing atmosphere at Hyde Park!

Edited: 15 April 2014, 07:52
tonbridge kent
Level Contributor
5 posts
25 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: last night of the proms 2014

Proms in the park has a great relaxed atmosphere-doesnt get too crowded and you can set up your picnic and take it in turns to wander up to the stage is someone you like is on. A brilliant afternoon and evening out.