We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Eurostar from Paris to London

Which London hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Buellton, California
Level Contributor
1 post
4 reviews
Save Topic
Eurostar from Paris to London

We are traveling on Wednesday, Apr 2 from Paris to London for the day. Should we pre-purchase tickets (which gives us some flexibility on the departure time)? My husband has afternoon meetings; suggestions on how I should spend a London afternoon?

U.S. expats
Destination Expert
for Windsor, London, Dry Tortugas National Park
Level Contributor
19,806 posts
208 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Eurostar from Paris to London

Buy as soon as possible. Once tickets are released, the cheapest ones sell quickly, and they only rise in price.

Regarding your itinerary, what are your interests? Art? Churches? Castles? Culture? Food? What may thrill me may bore you silly.

r c
Portland, Oregon
Level Contributor
4,647 posts
1 review
Save Reply
2. Re: Eurostar from Paris to London

Nanf93427,,

"suggestions on how I should spend a London afternoon?"

how about having fun in a great city.

Stanley, Falkland...
Level Contributor
32,720 posts
75 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Eurostar from Paris to London

" how I should spend a London afternoon?"

Many people enjoy sight-seeing, but it's not compulsory. You could try afternoon tea, the cinema, shopping, cycling and so on.

How would you like to spend your afternoon?

Edited: 11 February 2014, 01:20
Phoenix, Arizona
Level Contributor
38,548 posts
1,012 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Eurostar from Paris to London

I agree about doing the purchase, as soon as you have a time table. We booked (other direction), as soon as EuroStar opened our dates, and were not disappointed.

As for what to do - wow! I could spend the entire afternoon sipping Champagne at St. Pancras Station, but that would cause one to miss so very much in a wonderful city.

One caveat - do not over plan, and do not try to do the entire city - pick maybe one location, and explore that in detail. Grab a dinner (even in Regular Premier, the food is bleak - never have done Business Premier, but doubt that it is stellar), and enjoy a chef, who's new to you, or even a different cuisine, that you do not get back home.

I can spend an hour in a tiny muse, just looking at the architectural components, but that is not for everyone. Pick one area, with perhaps an attraction and a nice restaurant, and kick back.

Enjoy, and travel safely,

Hunt

5. Re: Eurostar from Paris to London

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

TripAdvisor staff removed this post because it did not meet TripAdvisor's forum guideline limiting each user to a single forums screen name.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 15 May 2014, 12:24
England, United...
Level Contributor
4,806 posts
37 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Eurostar from Paris to London

Eurostar ticket prices increase the nearer you get to the date of departure. I did a dummy run for the date of your travel and there are only a few tickets left on some of the trains. Book ASAP

Don't forget the 1hr. time difference between Paris and London. You will gain on the journey to London as Paris is 1hr. ahead but you will "lose" 1hr. on the return. Check the timetable carefully!

The journey takes 21/4 hrs. each way.

England, United...
Level Contributor
4,806 posts
37 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Eurostar from Paris to London

Eurostar ticket prices increase the nearer you get to the date of departure.

The journey takes 21/4 hours. There is a time difference of 1hr. between France and England and so you should benefit by this when you arrive in London (although you will "lose" this time when you return to Paris).

I did a dummy run for the date of your travel and on some trains, there are only a few tickets left. Book ASAP.

Edited: 11 February 2014, 14:02
8. Re: Eurostar from Paris to London

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 13 February 2015, 06:18