We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Matilda seats

Which London hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Ottawa, Ontario
Level Contributor
1,647 posts
23 reviews
Save Topic
Matilda seats

I'm finally biting the bullet and buying our tickets for July. I'm going to buy them from Seetickets. There are two options that I'm considering. I've looked at theatremonkey and both are average (I guess, not green or red). Both same price. Both sets of tix are for six people, running from the center aisle to the right when facing the stage. The only difference is one set is row B and one row P. I'm concerned that B is too close (we have three kids, littlest is 6) and row P is too far back. I'd really appreciate your thoughts between row P and B in Cambridge theatre. I'm hoping to buy them today because I keep postponing the purchase and I'm afraid one of these sets of tix will sell.

London
Destination Expert
for Thirassia, Fira
Level Contributor
13,680 posts
16 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Matilda seats

Really depends on what you prefer. Me - I know I prefer front row if possible, since I'm short. Others hate it that close.

It looks as if booster seats are permitted at the theatre (not sure if they hire them at the theatre or not).

"Where are the best seats for children at the Cambridge Theatre?

The current show at the Cambridge Theatre, Matilda the Musical allows booster seats for children under the age of 6 years old. These can be used to help smaller children see over the heads of people in front. The auditorium is very well raked however, and this isn't too much of a problem in all three levels. Some children may prefer to sit closer to the action, in which case the Stalls are better, especially to be able to see the action in the central aisle. Slightly older children may prefer to sit in the Dress Circle to be able to take in the whole stage more effectively. The front of the Upper Circle is also suitable for children, but please note that this section does feel quite high, and some children may not like being this far away from the stage. For easiest accessibility, many parents find that sitting on an aisle is most convenient for the toilets and other facilities." http://cambridge.londontheatres.co.uk/seating

Found it via Theatre Monkey: "BOOSTERZ™ Inflatable Booster Cushions are now available to borrow at this theatre. Raising a child 10 to 14 cm, this easily inflated - by pump or pure 'puff power' - item can be loaned from ushers at the venue (who will supply it ready inflated!)."

Edited: 12 February 2014, 16:40
Ottawa, Ontario
Level Contributor
1,647 posts
23 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Matilda seats

I had seen the booster seats but have never used them before. Hmmm, might be an idea. I always avoid front rows of everything because I spend most of the time looking up at the stage. I was wondering if the kids would see the action in the aisles if they're so close to the front...

It seems that RSC also has tix... row E but not on center aisle... its from the far left inwards (so on an aisle but an external aisle, not center aisle)

Roeselare, Belgium
Level Contributor
1,702 posts
21 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Matilda seats

The majority of the action in Matilda plays ón the stage, though the middle aisle is used for some fun entrances/exits. For this particular show Row B would be my personal favourite, especially with kids: they'll love to be in the middle of the action. 

As said on your other thread, the Cambridge theatre has high seating from the very front row and it doesn't have a raised stage, so you really needn't worry about craning your neck :-) This picture might give you an idea: http://www.seatplan.co.uk/?attachment_id=911 (I'd guess it was taken from row C or D) Those Row E tickets sounds rather good too, in case you really want some more overview of the whole stage, but it the outer edges probably make a lesser viewing angle?

Btw, the inflated booster cushions are free, you can just let the kids pick one up on your way in.

Ottawa, Ontario
Level Contributor
1,647 posts
23 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Matilda seats

Booked! Row B it is. Thank you!

Roeselare, Belgium
Level Contributor
1,702 posts
21 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Matilda seats

Yay, good for you! Enjoy the show :-)

6. Re: Matilda seats

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 14 February 2015, 06:21